Quantcast

Help, just bought a T2 and trying to get it running right

Nickb1907

I found this forum trying to find any info I could on these things. I never heard of a Joyner, but I got a hell of deal on buying a 2010 T2 Trooper. It has a lot of problems and I am trying to work through everything. If you have a writeup or could even grab a part number off yours it would be extremely helpful. I have a rats nest of wiring to figure out.

1. Engine Idle-Starting it cold it will not idle. I have to hed down the gas for about 1-2 minutes and slowing bring it down to get an idle.

2. Dies when you push in the clutch when running high rpms-If i keep shifts slow and below 3K it will keep going, but if I run it up and then try and put the clutch in it will die.

3. Relays and fuses- I have spots where there should be relays and fuses and there is nothing. I need a part number for all the relays and the location that they should be plugged in. The manual doesnt call out anythign on the relay sizes. I think I can get all the fuse sizes from the manual. I should have this figured out tomorrow.

4. Fan control-The fan and headlights were wired into the turn signal switch. How does the utv handle the fan? Is it controlled by the computer to turn on at a certain temp?

5. Temp sensor doesnt work-This might be why the fan was wired into a switch. Need info on how to fix.

6. Fuel gauge doesnt work-Anything on this would be helpful.

7. Front and rear locker adjustment-If I could get pictures on the rear that would be helpful. The front looks right, but doesnt lock. The rear is missing the bracket that the front locker had going into the diff that located the cable and probably allowed adjustment.

8. Clutch-The sweet spot is at the very end of the pedal, almost where you would remove your foot from it. The sweet spot is also very small. Is your clutch like this or is there some adjustment that needs to be made. It also doesnt feel firm enough. Any input here would help.

9. Brakes-They dont work great. It stops the utv but it isnt very fast.

10. Lights- I would like to know what each switch should control and what plugs they go to. All I have is the roof rack lights working. The other switches do nothing and there are no more lights to turn on.

I appreciate any advice and help you can give. This thing is a blast but I really would like to get it up and reliable before I start doing serious trail riding.

Thanks

Thats a lot of stuff and a lot of your answers are already posted on this forum. I sujest your go tothe top of the forum pinned post and read everything from there down for about, well way back on topics. Like the diff locker adjustments are clearly detailed out. This happens to be in the pinned topics part. We will fill in the gaps for you but some of this stuff takes a lot of writing to detail out and it is already done for you. We will be glad to help but go thru the already explained stuff first. There is a lot of good solutions already posted.

Welcome to the forum.

Lenny

Thats a lot of stuff and a lot of your answers are already posted on this forum. I sujest your go tothe top of the forum pinned post and read everything from there down for about, well way back on topics. Like the diff locker adjustments are clearly detailed out. This happens to be in the pinned topics part. We will fill in the gaps for you but some of this stuff takes a lot of writing to detail out and it is already done for you. We will be glad to help but go thru the already explained stuff first. There is a lot of good solutions already posted.

Welcome to the forum.

Lenny

I am trying to make my way through a lot of this information. I am trying to tackle the electrical and move on to the rest. Any help with the relay part numbers and locations? I already fixed my 4wd, roof lights, and winch by just moving a relay from one location to another. BTW I would like to see a picture of your supercharger setup. I have read about it but havent seen any pictures.

Thanks

Nick, If you have a relay I suggest going to Auto parts store and match up the relay. Few of us including myself had to redo the fusebox Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

The problem I have is I dont trust any of the electrical right now. I have a 20amp fuse plugged into every fuse location and I know that is wrong. I think the relays could be incorrect also. That is why I was hoping someone could give me part numbers. I attached a picture of what I pulled from the manual online. Everything in red is what I am hoping you can help me with. I filled in a few guesses on what the fuse could be based on the color but I was hoping to get some clarification.

Thanks

I am trying to figure out how to attach the picture so hopefully it will show up soon.