Quantcast

Deano

Kubota Winch install

My Dad has a Kubota and recently bought a winch. We have the wiring figured out, but he wants to be able to use it at either end (winch is mounted to a hitch receiver). Is there any type of inline plug that we can use instead of having to basically rewire it any time he needs to use it? It would be a carry it to one end, plug it in and use it, unplug it and put back in the toolbox deal.

Any help would be appreciated.

I have seen quick connects for winches in automotive mail order catalogs, but since my memory is shot, I forget whether it was Summit Racing or JEGS, or....?  Another possibility might be 4x4 off-road catalogs.  The good news is that almost all of these catalogs are free if you ask in their web sites.  Good luck!

• Like 1

Deano

•  
  •  
  • Members
  • 1 post

My Dad has a Kubota and recently bought a winch. We have the wiring figured out, but he wants to be able to use it at either end (winch is mounted to a hitch receiver). Is there any type of inline plug that we can use instead of having to basically rewire it any time he needs to use it? It would be a carry it to one end, plug it in and use it, unplug it and put back in the toolbox deal.

Any help would be appreciated.

:)  

Look in the marine/boating section and look for an electric trolling motor plug. They are heavy duty and will carry a lot of amps, also moisture resistant. They do come in various load ratings but the heavier ones would easily handle the current from a winch. The one I have on my boat is rated for 40 amps, much more than any atv/utv battery can put out.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By justingrider
      Good morning everyone, appreciate any help on this.  I picked up a 2013 Hisun 800 for a project.  Previous owner had fried a lot of the electrical with a bunch of aftermarket audio equipment, so I have been replacing all of the wiring to give it a fresh start.  I'm 95% there with a couple of plugs I can't figure out where they need to be routed and the reason for me reaching out for help here.
      1.  A female 2-port white plug that comes off the end of the main harness, close to the side where the terminal hook ups tap into the battery.  It has a Blue/black-stripe wire and a White/blue-stripe wire. (Pictures: https://ibb.co/m9PRDqX and
      https://ibb.co/9pHZsFj). I'm assuming it is another single offset fuse or module like the other pieces around it but can't find anything on what it might be or that wire color combination in the manual/wiring diagrams...anyone know what this guy goes to?
      2.  On the crank position sensor (torque sensor), the wires that I have coming off of that are a green wire and blue/light-gray-stripe wire (https://ibb.co/FmJLJfs)...any idea on where this guy is suppose to plug in to?
      Again, thanks for any help you can provide!
      -Justin

• By dmackey41
      I am looking for a pressure sensor for a 2008 rtv 500.EG672-44801
    • By Gary Nations
      Just got a Champion 2000lb winch for Father's Day. Going on a 2018 Mule 4010 Trans used on the farm. Anyone have any experience/ tips for mounting? Front mount so what do I need?
      Thanks in advance.
    • By TomWA
      2016 Cub Cadet Challenger 700 has a hitch receiver that requires a vertical pin as opposed to a horizontal pin to attach hitches.  I'm looking for an 18" hitch entender that will attach using a vertical pin and then accept a horizontal pin for a trailer hitch.  I've looked everywhere.  Any ideas on where to find one?  TIA
    • By NewCadetOwner
      Just wanted to pass along my little project after not finding any ready made accessories for adding a rear winch.  I always say a front winch is to get others out of trouble.  A rear winch is to get me out of trouble.   I had my local steel shop bend up a rear bracket and integrated it into the rear frame of the machine.  I extended the rear hitch and utilized the existing rear pin with the new bracket.   The bracket bolts to existing holes on each side of frame and is super strong.  I bought a 3500lb winch from Harbor Freight that matches the OEM front winch in all respects except the labels.   I added a second corded remote to the dash and extended the power leads to reach the rear with the control box mounted with the front one.  Total project cost was $225.