Quantcast

Deano

Kubota Winch install

My Dad has a Kubota and recently bought a winch. We have the wiring figured out, but he wants to be able to use it at either end (winch is mounted to a hitch receiver). Is there any type of inline plug that we can use instead of having to basically rewire it any time he needs to use it? It would be a carry it to one end, plug it in and use it, unplug it and put back in the toolbox deal.

Any help would be appreciated.

I have seen quick connects for winches in automotive mail order catalogs, but since my memory is shot, I forget whether it was Summit Racing or JEGS, or....?  Another possibility might be 4x4 off-road catalogs.  The good news is that almost all of these catalogs are free if you ask in their web sites.  Good luck!

• Like 1

Deano

•  
  •  
  • Members
  • 1 post

My Dad has a Kubota and recently bought a winch. We have the wiring figured out, but he wants to be able to use it at either end (winch is mounted to a hitch receiver). Is there any type of inline plug that we can use instead of having to basically rewire it any time he needs to use it? It would be a carry it to one end, plug it in and use it, unplug it and put back in the toolbox deal.

Any help would be appreciated.

:)  

Look in the marine/boating section and look for an electric trolling motor plug. They are heavy duty and will carry a lot of amps, also moisture resistant. They do come in various load ratings but the heavier ones would easily handle the current from a winch. The one I have on my boat is rated for 40 amps, much more than any atv/utv battery can put out.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• 2012 Kubota 400/idles good backfires when given gas

Troubleshooting Kubota 400.  it  is tough to start, I have to pump the gas pedal. After it starts it will idle, but bogs down and backfires when I  give it gas. I've replaced the fuel pump and it did not fix the problem. Any other suggestions that would not require replacing throttle body and ECU ?

By SPF4524, in Kubota UTV RTV Forum

• 0 replies
    • Wiring problems with 2014 Coleman Outfitters Utv(Hisun) 400 4x4

Hello all, I have what I hope is a quick question. I am working on this 2014 Hisun SxS and the wiring is a mess. I am currently just trying to find the electrical wiring Color Code for this machine. I have Maintenance Handbook for a wiring diagram for what it calls a 'HS400UTV-Emark'. That's the only thing my son got with this machine when he bought it and I can no list of the color codes anywhere in this book. We're not against buying manuals but have learned to be picky as there are many that supply little real detailed information. This is a machine that I am trying to get the 2004 Kodiak motor they installed wired up to run and install a complete new wiring harness for the Utv at the same time. Any help that someone might have to offer would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all and I hope you all had an enjoyable Thanksgiving holiday.

By res2fr, in Hisun UTV SxS Forum

• 3 replies
    • front axle for kubota rtv 900 2000 model

Hello, I’m writing this because I desperately need some assistance with front axle for kubota rtv 900 2000 model. My stepfather told me his two front axles of his  kubota rtv broken separately yesterday and he couldn't distinguish which is for left or right. Are left and right front cv axles the same on a 2000 kubota rtv 900 4x4 ? And what's the cost of kubota rtv 900 axles ? I don't learn much about kubota rtv and hope someone tell me. Thank you.

By matt wichert, in Kubota UTV RTV Forum

• 1 reply
    • Can anyone tell me WHAT I bought??

I’ve searched all over and haven’t been able figure out the maker and model of my buggy. It appears to be some kind of Joyner maybe an older model?  Anyone know what this is?  it appears to be 1000cc and it’s a 4  cylinder thx 

By KTMspeedFreak, in Joyner UTV SxS Forum

• 7 replies
    • Kubota RTV400CI/RTV500

The RTV400CI/RTV500 is part of Kubota's Mid-Size Utility Vehicles. The EFI gas-powered 4WD RTV400Ci and RTV500 feature mid-size utility, agility and the legendary Kubota reliability you need to get the job done. There is a special financing offer currently running as well. Big Performance: Compact Design Loaded Value Full Brochure: https://www.kubotausa.com/docs/default-source/brochure-sheets/rtv500.pdf?sfvrsn=e197ac2b_4   KUBOTA RTV SERIES - NEW PURCHASE SPECIAL OFFERS 0% A.P.R. for up to 36 Months on your new RTV400/RTV500 Series RTV! (offer ends 06/30/2018) 0% A.P.R. for 36 Months with 0% Down1 OR 0% A.P.R. for 48 Months with 0% Down1 OR 1.99% A.P.R. for 60 Months with 0% Down1 OR $300 Instant Rebate for Cash or Standard Rate Financing

By Alex, in Kubota UTV RTV Forum

• 0 replies