Quantcast

4 corner weight for trooper t2

hfrick

thanks 2scoops...been looking around on this site for 7-8 months now

have searched/read a number of post on shocks......havent found anyone that posted weights?..maybe I missed it...looking into probably single rate coilover shocks,or possibly air,have been out in a t2 with Kings...they are awsume...but was looking for a less costly option here in Canada

I am pretty certain an 8" shock with limit straps will work great in the front. Also I would go 250lb spring in front--i did the math on the front for a single rate at one time. Not sure on the rear for a single rate. My guess would be 500-550. Banjo Minnow had a lot on here about his experience with single rate springs.

I run dual rate both front and rear. And with mods have 12+ inches of travel in the front and 14-15" in the rear. Mine is a crawling machine, but is not set up for big jumps-- way too soft. I really would not recommend air shocks, but if you do plan to install air socks install a sway bar or too.

I would not recommend them over regular sprung shocks. They aren't bad, but IMHO sprung shocks are better. I ran air shocks on my custom rock crawler and provide a really soft ride and are like weight. It went SLOW which they work well for. I didn't like how they would settle unevenly . I also had an issue with them leaking. I would constantly have to check pressures. When guys came down on them hard in competition they would blow out. That would suck if you were far out somewhere and have one blow out and have to limp back. This is not an issue when you run traditional springs. I don't jump my trooper, but I race it pretty hard and have bottomed out really hard a quite a few times. Not sure how many of those an air shock would take. Oh, yeah and they over heat easily when running hard. I do believe I tried talking you out of buying them too, but it sounds like you are happy with them so that is great.

Sorry Charlie. I hope I didn't offend you. I was just giving my opinion. I had some of the first gen fox.

air shocks. I am sure they have made improvements since. What kind did you end up buying? I looked at buying ORI air socks for my FJ40 but they were more expensive than the rad flow coilovers I ended up with.

2 scoops not offended we all have different styles driving and ideas and what works for one may not be right or wrong for another. This is a pretty awsome group here. I have top line fox 2.0 8" travel in the front and in the rear I have Race runner(sway away) 2.5 12" travel and it flexs good. Here in MA tighter trails lots obstacles

no shocks stand alone each corner front is a 2.0 fox air shock 8" travel pressure is 360 and i have 13 and 3/4 inches under front diff before i get in it. Rear is 2.5 Radflo (racerunner) air shock its the 10 0r 12" travel I have limit straps all four corners rear pressure is 350 ish psi. I do lot low speeds and climbing over things and it works well for me

• 3 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.