After a few days of heavy rainfall I got in my Sidekick and noticed that the belt seemed to be slipping as I was making my way out on a large property. I turned around and could barely make it back to my shop. After removing the cowelling I noticed about a quart of water drained out. I dried the area, the cover and checked the belt. No signs of dammage, belt looks great and no foreign debris other than water in the area. I put it back together and there was a definite improvement. The Sidekick is driveable now but the belt still slips but only at a higher speed and only when the throttle is punched. I'm wondering whether I may have inadvertently damaged it while it was wet and have ordered a new belt. I have looked on line to see if there is a guide or procedure, specifically for the CVT belt removal and replacement for the 850 but can find none. Does anyone have experience with this?
In 2016 I bought a midsized Ranger ETX. I don't recall exactly my out the door price but it was probably less than 8k. I've used it as a work machine around our home and 38acres. It's always run great and requires little maintenance. Still running strong.
So, for no reason I checked out a local dealer. I like the midsized UTVs so that's where I started. I was shocked the cheapest 570 I saw was a shade under 18k. I know an ETX Ranger was a budget SxS but wow, that's a 10k jump. When I was shopping back in '16 I think a 570 was about 1k more than my ETX.
Well I guess I will be running this ETX till it breaks.
Anyhow, I'm a big fan of the Rangers. When the time comes I'll be back but I had no idea. I haven't posted in a while. The ETX must not have sold a lot because you don't see many things posted. Hope other ETX owners had the same reliability I have had. I'm guessing if a cheap Ranger series like mine has been reliable then the guys with bigger ones are enjoying those as well.
So, great machines, probably priced per the market but I had no idea. Ha
By Greg Kilgore
We all know summer is hot inside the cabs of our SXS. So I've rigged up a couple of fans to help cool down the cab.
I didn't want to drill the fan's "support rails" into the ROPS (Roll Over Protection System), aka roll bars. So I used water clamps to hold them in place.
I just need to replace the wires I ran with bigger gauge. Then finish the wiring to switches, relays, and battery. But the hardest part. The actual mounting of the fans is complete. Also just in case anyone plans on doing this. I may have to only use 1 fan in the middle instead on 2. Due the the draw on the battery.
The fans are 12", 12V 80W. So I'm figured they were 6.7 amps apiece. Used the WAVe formula to get unknown values Watts=Amps*Volts then solve for unknown. I know the watts and volts from sticker on fan. So just used above formula to get amps. So a 7 amp fuse should be OK and a 10 amp fuse will be good.
So pulling 14 amps from the battery all day may be too much for the charging system to keep up with. And I haven't even installed the radio yet. So I will have to test and let you know.
See pics below.
Haven't posted in a while since solving the excessive cabin noise issue, so I thought I would share a few upgrades to my Sector... Realize that this is driven daily on the street, so some of the mods are to make it more streetworthy.
Locking gas door.
Rear view mirror.
Modified windshield for better airflow in cabin.
Lowered and modified headrest bar for improved rear view. Tailgate protector.
Overhead utility rack. Keeps the interior cooler and dryer, too!
Folding rear seats.
Dust cover and seat protector.
If anyone wants links to the rear view mirror, seats, or arrests, let me know and I will post. But know that everything requires some level of fabrication. The utility rack was all custom built. Cheers!
Similar Tagged Content