Quantcast

charlie

Random questions

Hey guys had the trooper out over the weekend 210 miles when in the white mtns of nh right up to the canada border beutifull landscapes up there! No issues with the trooper but got some questions cause I am not use to driving the trooper at 30-40 miles an hour for extended periods of time

Mine is an 09 1200 miles on it when should I do the t-belt

When your cruising along do any of you guys get gear type noise from your tranny not when accelerating but like at a steady speed easing in and out of the throttle my tranny has always been on the louder side the fluid is clean and I just changed it before the trip should I but a heavier grade oil in??

And I also notices I was getting a light rattle noise from I believe the front almost like as if u had two wrenches and were lightly tapping them together it came and went the noise I also noticed if I put my foot on the brake a little it stopped. Can't imagine it's a wheel bearing but maybe the brake pads rattling??

Thank Charlie

Yes my tranny always made noise when cruising down the road. If you are refering to the fan belt, it is fine. It will out last the rest of the Trooper. The clicking upfront on mine was the brake pads. Didn't bother me as my race cars always did the same thing. The Trooper doesn't have the little clips you install to stop the noise.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

thanx rocmoc and dan. I was talking about the actual t-belt behind the cover I know in the auto industry typically last 90,000-100,000. The noise I think is the brakes I will be pulling it apart this week to check. yes the tranny cruising down the road is when I hear it. The tranny like i said has always been loud just wanted to make sure it was normal cause I usually dont use 4th and 5th gears around home

Not so sure the noise is tranny, I think it may be the differential and I've had a noisy machine for several years and 16000+ kilometers, wish I could eliminate it, but can't, the front brakes do have slop in them an I always here a small slap every time it step on the brakes.

It's not a slapping noise it's like a little rattle and when I brake it stops haven't pulled the wheel yet

Hey guys found the rattle noise in the front end some of it I believe was the brake pads so I put some anti seize lube on the outside of them and I found the one of the hyme joints at the rack had gotten little loose so I greased it and tightened it and no more noise

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Volkz VLOGS
      Hi, I'm getting ready to supercharge my trooper and I'm looking for advice on the setup. I have so for... a AMR500 supercharger, small intercooler, Dolbeck EJK fuel controller and wideband. Looking for any advice on what else I'm going to need and what to expect..Thank you

• By nascarcamshaft
      I have a 2009 Trooper that when I first start it it runs great but after about a min it starts to cut out under acceleration but clears out when it gets revved up.  I downloaded the manual from   Joyner-usa.com   but it doesn't help much,  Mine doesn't have a OBD port on it and my son who is a mechanic said he can wire one in if we have a wiring diagram for the CPU but the wiring diagram of the CPU that is in the manual is for a 3 cylinder engine.  The manual talks about a MIL light that can flash out a code but I don't know where that is and even if I did find it they  don't tell me how to read it.  I have tried the coil and the map sensor and that didn't help I checked the TPS and it checks OK.  I emailed Joyner and all I got from them is there should be a OBD port on it and then they said they checked and found some don't have it,  No help from them. Anybody run into this problem or know were I can turn to get some help on this, even a good wiring diagram of the CPU would be a big help.
      Thanks for you help
    • By Weathered
      We have been having all kinds of fuel issues with this ranger.  When you try to start it when it is cold outside, it does not want to start.  It will crank over fine but doesn't start but if you stop and come back 10 minutes later or so, it will start up.  But even then, it is idling real bad.  Usually will die a few times before you can get going, really have to feather the gas pedal to keep it alive.  Once it gets warmed up, it does start better but something still not right.  Even when it is warm outside, it will start up but just doesn't idle right.
      I bought a fuel pump kit, not the whole assembly, just the pump and replaced that and the same thing happens.  I am in the process of trying to check the fuel pressure on it but the fuel pressure gauge I got from our local auto parts store seems to be defective.  Had it hooked up and can't get the gauge to show any pressure at all yet it will still start up.   If it does have the correct pressure, what would be the next place to start looking at?  If it doesn't have correct pressure, is there something else on the assembly that would cause low pressure?  We checked the voltage on the connecter and one gets 12 volts for just a few seconds and the other one gets 4.9 volts.  The other 2 show nothing.  I am guessing the one with 4.9 volts is for the fuel gauge sender and the one that has 12 volts is the pump.   When you take the fuel line off on the engine side and turn the key on, how far should it throw fuel out?  
      We have taken it to 2 shops and neither one was able to do anything with it, one said there was nothing wrong.  Not sure if they really did any checking or what or they just don't know what to do with it.  
      Would the whole fuel pump assembly out of a ranger 570 work with the ranger 800?  Would I be able to swap them without any issues?  To buy a whole new assembly, it's around $400, don't really want to spend that much not knowing if it will fix it or not.  
    • By fettman1176
      Hello there, I have 4 T2 troopers, 2 of them start and run like Champs, 2 of them have the issue. They will crank and crank but not start. Takes about 20 to 30 minutes to get them going, then they will run all day long and fire up at will every time. It's just the cold start they have a problem with. Since I have 2 that run good, I have swapped every part you can think of from the fuel system to ignition system with no success. I'm pretty stumped and am looking for any advice 
    • By mixfixdave
      I had been wanting to install power steering on my T4 for years so I went to the salvage yard last weekend and bought a complete column (minus airbag) out of a 2009 Nissan Versa for $125 with the ECU.
      It was a fairly simple install. The long shaft that fits to the Joyner steering rack actually fit perfectly into the Nissan column. Had to weld up a U joint on the Nissan column to make it a straight shaft and fab up one simple bracket. Connect power and ground plus a switched 12v and now I can steer with one hand!