Quantcast

I need help from my fellow UTV'rs. I have a very steep driveway and my 2000 Kaw. Mule 2510 wants to "free wheel" going down it. I have it in low gear and even give it gas to try and get it to engage the low gear (due to it being a constant velocity transmission). It just wants to go faster. I need this machine to hold me back and creep down the hill, not go faster when I press on the throttle. I will need this for plowing my driveway this year. Anybody out there SLOW down their mule? linkage adjustments?

Isn't the engine brake adjustable? I recall that mine had three levels of adjustment. Don't know if that will help at slower speed. Just depends on how /when it's designed to activate. What does the service manual say about it?

I have a service manual and it doesn't mention anything about adjustable engine braking, nor anything about speed adjustment? Most forums are how to adjust the governor to make it go faster -not slow it down. Anyone else have some ideas? I cant be plowing my driveway with my foot on the brake constantly.

Don't get enough snow in Texas to ever need a plow. So I've never done it. But wouldn't the drag from plowing the snow, slow the machine down significantly. Other than that, yes, it should be easy to adjust the linkage. But it'll change the way it drives, all the time. At work they had a kubota that was adjusted down. That thing would nearly put you through the windshield, every time you let off the gas.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• On eBay street legal velocity predator x18 no reserve bidding starts off at $1

Safer than any utv street legal chevy evotec must see  Start 2018 off with this Currently listed on eBay no reserve bidding starts off at just 1 penny
      https://www.ebay.com/itm/122873672785       602-326-3936       sandrail dune buggy street legal sand rail jeep car truck rzr turbo can am sand rail walker king fox 092 fortin                             091 Polaris Yamaha yxz Fox walker Evans Vw Manx x3 turbo rzr buggy mendeola sand rail off-road Sandrail Vw

By Fireman2343, in UTV Off-Road Classifieds - Buy & Sell

• 0 replies
    • 2016 Joyner Clutch will not engage

I have a 2016 1100 Trooper that will not engage the clutch.  Long story short... I stuck it in the mud.  The mud hole was about 1.5 - 2 feet deep with the bottom skid plate on top of the rut.  It took about 2 hours to get her out.  After we pulled her out, the clutch will not engage and the gear will not come out of neutral.   Any suggestions?  Thanks

By Snatchy, in Joyner UTV SxS Forum

• 6 replies
    • trooper 1100 2010 ONLY DOWN STEEP GRADES

ok utv runs great AFTER i talked to BRANDON at Joyner USA, was having an issue when operating temps were up to norms, it would like just run out of gas and NOT start again till cooled, so I figured VAPOR LOCKED, well Brandon said yes they has problems with those in those years and earlier, to take to fuel filter that was BEFORE the fuel pump and put in after the fuel pump, and I did so, and the filter was pretty much plugged, so changing it was needed anyhow, that change made the fuel pressure go from 4 psi to 4.5 psi, and I AM NOT SURE what it really calls for on pressures, it was there when I bought it a week ago, but some reason now it runs great, starts great, but when it goes down a huge hill it studders the rpm or may chug itself out if that happens or you stall it, you basically have to wait till its cool again to restart, UNLESS I use starting fluid that kicks it only tried this the last time It stalled and would not start, showing fuels  to rails at 4.5 ps. ANY IDEAS WHY STUDDERS DOWN BIG HILLS OR IF YOU STALL IT WILL NOT START TILL COOL AGAIN?????????????

By big daddycoop, in Joyner UTV SxS Forum

• 8 replies
    • Whazzuuuuuppp fellow utv'ers

New to y'alls group. Have a American Sportworks (formerly Brister's) Trail Wagon that me parents gave me. Hope to find useful info with the group. Located in Bastrop (next to Austin) Texas. Thanks for having me.

By crashjunkie1980, in New Members Area

• 2 replies
    • 2008+ Yamaha Rhino 700 EFI available from Velocity Devices

2008+ Yamaha Rhino 700 EFI The Copperhead® ECU is a plug and play replacement for the stock ECU in the Rhino 700 EFI (not a piggyback solution). It controls the timing and fuel, and improves throttle response. It provides a typical 6% power increase from idle to redline (WOT), and a part throttle power increase of up to 25% over stock. In addition, the top speed limiter has been increased to allow for about 16KPH/10MPH higher top speed (results dependant on tire size). The ECU also allows for the speedometer to be recalibrated for different tire sizes, and fuel can be adjusted for aftermarket camshafts and pipes (requires optional USB interface). FEATURES Multi-Spark Discharge (MSD) allows for maximum power and virtually eliminates misfires, while giving you easy starts and crisp throttle response. Preloaded performance map allows the machine to run cooler, produce more horsepower and more torque, while minimizing fuel consumption.
      Shipped with machine specific harness that plugs directly into factory wiring harness. Toggle switch on the unit allows user to switch between two preloaded setups.
      Default preloaded map keeps factory limiters (reverse / speed) and similar power when the toggle switch is in position #1. When the toggle switch is in position #2, all limiters are disabled, and the timing is optimized for maximum power on 87 octane fuel. Setups and maps can be changed and optimized for different fuel grades via the USB Memory Inteface (sold separately).
      Price: $400.00 Velocity Devices, Inc.Website: www.velocitydevices.com Phone: (403) 668-7470 View the full article

By UTVBoard News, in UTV News and Information

• 0 replies