Quantcast

I need help from my fellow UTV'rs. I have a very steep driveway and my 2000 Kaw. Mule 2510 wants to "free wheel" going down it. I have it in low gear and even give it gas to try and get it to engage the low gear (due to it being a constant velocity transmission). It just wants to go faster. I need this machine to hold me back and creep down the hill, not go faster when I press on the throttle. I will need this for plowing my driveway this year. Anybody out there SLOW down their mule? linkage adjustments?

Isn't the engine brake adjustable? I recall that mine had three levels of adjustment. Don't know if that will help at slower speed. Just depends on how /when it's designed to activate. What does the service manual say about it?

I have a service manual and it doesn't mention anything about adjustable engine braking, nor anything about speed adjustment? Most forums are how to adjust the governor to make it go faster -not slow it down. Anyone else have some ideas? I cant be plowing my driveway with my foot on the brake constantly.

Don't get enough snow in Texas to ever need a plow. So I've never done it. But wouldn't the drag from plowing the snow, slow the machine down significantly. Other than that, yes, it should be easy to adjust the linkage. But it'll change the way it drives, all the time. At work they had a kubota that was adjusted down. That thing would nearly put you through the windshield, every time you let off the gas.

I would tighten the governor spring, thats what i did with mine, its a 550 tho

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Sgriger534
      I have a MSU 500 and sometimes it acts sluggish in 4x4 and you can smell hot gear oil. 
      I'm Thinking it is something binding up the the transfer case or front differential but before I dig into it I wanted to see if anybody had a similar problem.

Thanks, 
    • By Travis
      scared me all the way to death and back.
    • By Hammer
      We have a new Mule Pro FX LE EPS.  It has the manual dump bed and looking to add some type of electric lift to it.  Even with a small load, two people can't dump it by hand.  Seems kind of a bad design, hinge point and the hydraulic strut assist is too far towards the back.  Been looking at electric actuators on ebay.  For those that have done this, do you put the actuator in place of the strut?  How does it work?  To me, I would think even with a 400lb actuator, it might struggle since it would be so far back.  Thinking of putting it towards the front more.  But not sure of the best place to mount it.  And would I need a super long stroke to get it to raise the bed all the way? 
    • By ANIL SEDALI
      Hi friends. I'm Anıl. I live in Turkey. I have a Hisun 700 UTV 2015 Models. My problem is : 
      inability to change gear after the engine has started. Before the engine starts, it can shift into all gears; but after running, I cannot change gear. At about 3000 km. Fuel injection model. Can anyone help on this topic? Thank you!
    • By bjones
      2007 Mule 610,  owned for 8 yrs and valves were ticking when I got it and had them adjusted twice and this is when plugs began to foul.  I replaced battery (used battery I had on hand) a yr ago and didn't foul a plug for some time and replaced batter (new) with a bigger lawn mower type battery again a month ago and have fouled two plug since.  Had carb cleaned and valves adjusted and still fouls plugs way to often.  Friend has a mule just like mine and his does same thing. Have read this is a common problem with 610 mule.  Any help or suggestions would be welcomed.  Thanks and stay healthy.
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Airsense00
      Hi y'all, 
      I am looking to buy a 2018 Textron EV or a new 2020 Tracker EV. Tracker is the new name of Textron. I'm having trouble finding a snow plow mount and kit. I want to pull the trigger and buy one but I have to have a snow plow to make it worthwhile. Any of you have the EV with a snowplow or know which mount works? Front or center mount? Thanks!