charlie

Projects

got my rad relocate done in the fall,also shortened cage and bed to match...moved lights to where I really have to try to break them off...this spring plan to finally get rear fox shocks in for testing...I will like them,or I will have to order the elkas from mudslinger..thinking about some tunes for while parked,maybe different gauges...and the turbo is always on my mind...Hardy

post-2096-0-60033300-1421595186_thumb.jpg

Alas, my last project was to convert my snorkel setup back to stock configuration and trade my beloved 2009 T4 in on a brand-new 2-door, Jeep Rubicon. Sad to see it go :( - lots of fond memories... but I love the Jeep (especially the Jeep's shorter wheelbase.)

Anybody doing any mods to the trooper this winter

Well , i will be starting on somewhat of a mod here shortly. Since March of 2013 only been able to take mine out twice, a two hour ride this past Thanksgiving weekend in Havasu and then last weekend for a half day trip. During this past weekend trip my rear left side swing arm broke. We were able to drive it back to the garage so wasnt stuck out in the middle of nowhere. I was going to Yuma on business for a few days this week so i called Silverbullet and picked up a pair of the modified swing arms from them and plan on installing them in a couple weeks.

can you post a pic of the broken swingarm...curious as to where/why it broke...and maybe a couple of the new modified ones...thanks...Hardy

can you post a pic of the broken swingarm...curious as to where/why it broke...and maybe a couple of the new modified ones...thanks...Hardy

sorry but cant right now. Trooper is in Havasu and i am back in Southern California right now. I will when i go back to do the repair.

sorry but cant right now. Trooper is in Havasu and i am back in Southern California right now. I will when i go back to do the repair.

Here is a few photos of the broken traing arm. I installed the new ones this past weekend.

gallery_475_140_13721.jpggallery_475_140_68403.jpggallery_475_140_86887.jpg

Have you considered boxing it in with some thin sheet steel? I believe it to be worth the weight gain. +

The new ones i installed are boxed in but with thin sheeting.

looks like the ones on the current troopers...I would think they will be less prone to bending/breaking

Yes less prone but could be better.