Quantcast

herd73

2005 Mule 3010 Starter

A repair shop said that I need a new starter. They said that it might take 10-15 hours labor to switch it out. They said that the engine has to be pulled. Does this sound right? Thanks

That sounds like an lot of time to spend pulling a motor, that's relatively easy to get to. I'd call a different dealer and ask a couple questions. First I'd ask if the motor has to be pulled to replace the starter. If the answer is no, then you'll know the other place is less than honest. If yes then ask what the book time is on starter replacement.

No matter which place you take it to, let them make the diagnosis. If you take it to the second place, and tell them you think it needs a starter then that's what they'll replace. If that's not actually your problem, then you're out of luck on getting them to then fix your problem without paying extra. If they give a wrong diagnosis then they have some amount of liability to make it right.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.