Quantcast

JTCrabb

Hi all! Just joined the Joyner family!

Hey guys and gals.

I just traded my racing go kart for a Joyner and I have some problems (I will also post pics). First off, the motor cranks! But smokes like a freight train. I dropped the oil, added 10w-40 back and a quart of Lucas oil treatment. Let it run for about ten minutes and it still smokes like crazy. I have no idea what brand motor but it was said to be a 650 that came on it. The frame itself is said to be a '07 model. Also, it seems that the transmission only goes into third gear. And after I put it into gear, the shifter still is loose and moves around. Any ideas, suggestions?

post-3668-0-99209900-1465232816_thumb.jpegpost-3668-0-13600300-1465232841_thumb.jpegpost-3668-0-96174000-1465232855_thumb.jpegpost-3668-0-57735100-1465232868_thumb.jpegpost-3668-0-43663400-1465232886_thumb.jpeg

silverbullet

The 1 thing i would do is compression test.It should be about 120 on both cylinder.If low you will need to rebuild it.With the shifting it sounds like the snifter cables may be broken.Or need adjustment.They are all sloppy because of the cables.Shift the trans manually at the engine.Take off cables and move the arms left to right.And than move it up and than go left and right. Call me if you need more info. 928 344 2117 look for the JNSZ # to tell what model you have.The 10 digit is the year.If you do not have owners manual i can send you one to your email.

Thanks Rich

silverbullet

The 1 thing i would do is compression test.It should be about 120 on both cylinder.If low you will need to rebuild it.With the shifting it sounds like the snifter cables may be broken.Or need adjustment.They are all sloppy because of the cables.Shift the trans manually at the engine.Take off cables and move the arms left to right.And than move it up and than go left and right. Call me if you need more info. 928 344 2117 look for the JNSZ # to tell what model you have.The 10 digit is the year.If you do not have owners manual i can send you one to your email.

Thanks Rich

silverbullet

Thanks Rich

I'it is JNSZ650DL. I found the owners manual on Joyners website. But looking at the DL ( manual it doesn't match.) It matches to the 650DLB manual. Which I don't know what the B means. I posted a pic of the factory plate on the front of the frame above. I also don't see a ten digit number.

I'it is JNSZ650DL. I found the owners manual on Joyners website. But looking at the DL ( manual it doesn't match.) It matches to the 650DLB manual. Which I don't know what the B means. I posted a pic of the factory plate on the front of the frame above. I also don't see a ten digit number.