Quantcast

Muddysideup

2010 Big Red 700 Flashing Check Engine Light

Need some help! 2010 Big Red 700 has a flashing check engine light. Flashes once about every 5 seconds at idle and stays on when RPMs are raised. Any ideas?

Thanks

• Like 1

Did you ever figure out what was wrong? I feel like I am having the same issue with my 12 big red. Just got it back from the shop from replacing the radiator hoses. 

Please help! 

• Like 1

I read that the engine light flashing is in a code. Kind of like a morse code. 

Example: 1 long flash, 2 short,  engine oil low.  it doesn't mean that, just a example.

• Like 1

On 7/15/2016 at 6:49 AM, Muddysideup said:

Need some help! 2010 Big Red 700 has a flashing check engine light. Flashes once about every 5 seconds at idle and stays on when RPMs are raised. Any ideas?

Thanks

Did you ever find out what the code was for? The one flash every 5 seconds? Mine does it every now and again. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By smoke8r
      Hi All,
      I am trying to source a replacement starter for my 2010 Hisun 800.  The part number on the starter is MX100709 800.  Is there any other manufacturer's (Honda, Polaris, Yamaha, etc.) starter that would be a suitable replacement?
      Thanks
      Kirk

• By James Burlinsky
      HI, I have a textron stampede 900x  & my gauges were flashing on & off intermittently also headlights occasionally. Somewhere I saw to check grounds there are at least 3 .Well the one right of the negative battery terminal was loose,so I wiggle the cables a little bolt head for ground to frame broke off no effort. must have been over torqued from factory. Check those ground it's easy to do. Only problem is bolt thread was broken off in frame, easy fix, get a self tapping screw about 1/8" in diameter and drill it into frame. You have to use the heavy duty ones,like roofers use. I sanded the frame a little also . It could leave you stranded so check them.
    • By DJ530
      A few pictures (so far) of the engine work - eventually I will share wiring info and other details (if anyone is interested?)  should anyone else ever need to swap an engine in one of these. The replacement engine is a Harbor freight $750 special 670cc,  (lawn mower/industrial type lump) with a few minor upgrades. Should have it back together soon, bolted in. The cold weather slows me down! 

• By Travis
      Put some new headlights on my Mule!! L.E.D  lights,  i did my homework before buying them, they draw the exact same amount of power as the OEM, but are way brighter. i can see alot better now!
       Pictures soon.
       So if anyone is interested in some used but still working Kawasaki MULE 550  headlights, $15 each and they're yours!! or i'll keep them for the tractor or something...
    • By Vernon Brown
      Has anyone done an engine & tranny swap on an 1100cc sand viper?