Quantcast

jaybrown

mule 1000 rebuild

so i just started looking at the motor i have in parts and found the piston rod is bent so im looking for a piston rod and crank bearings and ring if anyone has some im intrested and a manual as well, my crank is good and the cylinders are good as well not sure how this happened

IMG_3464.JPG

IMG_3465.JPG

• Like 1

GOOD! Might go ahead and get a new piston, Looks scored pretty bad from the pic im seeing

Be sure to replace

1. Vavle seals
  2. piston rings
  3. crank bearings
  4. bearing in the cover case
  5. check the cylinder head for cracks

the piston is scored but not that bad i think a new set of rings and it will be ok the valves and cam all look good where can i find a shop manual for it so i can see how this motor all goes back together?

• Like 1

Just now, jaybrown said:

shop manual for it so i can see how this motor all goes back together?

Go to  Kawsaki.com, AND go to there Owner center, they should have a PDF of it.

Does the cam have a compression release?

Are the valve guides even>

valve guides look even i dont have lube yet as i want to get all the parts first and not sure about the cam compresion release

• Like 1

One thing, the score marks on the piston (S) IF YOU CAN HANG A FINGER NAIL, YOU NEED A NEW PISTON

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.