Quantcast

Oil Changes Xmission & Diff

Kinarfi

Wow, I just changed the oil in my Diffs and I think I should have done more often. When I drained the front diff, the oil was dark and looked like it was full of metal, when I drained the rear, it looked like liquid aluminum with pearl powder. The transmission oil looked normal and like it didn't really need changing. I have 2530 km on the front diff and less on the read because the dealer had to fix my locker. What did your oil look like and how often do you change it?

I noticed that on my 1st demo a Commando and have been using Morey's heavy duty oil stabilizer in all diffs since. The metal shavings just goes to show how important that 1st oil change is & this occurs in all areas when running in. The diffs tend to get forgotten so use the best product you can. kinarfi, mate I like your idea with the nail and as this is constant issue with me, I'm going to try that one.

Cheers Mike

I changed my diffs and tranny at 250 miles as it says in the maintenance schedule. And it had some metal in it. I will be changing it again shortly. I changed all the the screws and nuts to hex head bolts. Also put the nut on top as some had to be cut off from scraping across rocks.My air filter and prefilter will be here today.Now I just need to move the intake up over the top of the cage.

While I was under my trooper changing oil, I noticed how large the fuel line was, It looks to be about 1/2 " ID, I was expect to see something like a 1/4 " line. If I go down a steep hill and this line empties, that's a lot volume to refill, other than moving the pump up next to the tank, has any one done any thing else to the fuel system?

Thanks,

Jeff <_<

Wow, I just changed the oil in my Diffs and I think I should have done more often. When I drained the front diff, the oil was dark and looked like it was full of metal, when I drained the rear, it looked like liquid aluminum with pearl powder. The transmission oil looked normal and like it didn't really need changing. I have 2530 km on the front diff and less on the read because the dealer had to fix my locker. What did your oil look like and how often do you change it?

Also, when I drop the skid plates, the bolt turns when I try to undo the nut and I can't get a screw driver on to bolt, so after I get the bolt out, I put nail head into the phillips slot and weld the nail to the bolt so it can't turn. Works well. As soon as I get a Photo, I'll add it this post. :blink:

10 hour or 250 miles

40 hour or 250 miles

40 hour or 500 miles

80 hour or 750 miles

120 hour or 1000 miles

This is what is in the joyner paperwork when they want you to service it at first... I can ask if you want to know after these miles and hours when you need to do service work on them...

~Meg

You want that fuel line big, it is on the suction side of the pump. I really do need to get some pictures for you guys & gals. I mounted the fuel pump next to the tranny on the tank side using the exsiting bracket for the pump. Had to drill a extra hole in the bracket. very easy to do and it also looks very neat.

I was putting the skid plates back on today and while my "nailed bolt" work Marvelously, they had a tendency to fall out or push up as I tried to put the nut on, so, I took a milk jug and cut it into strips and made holes in it with a leather punch and then cut into pieces, then put the pieces over the bolt to hold it in place while I'm putting the skid plate on. Worked great. :D