Quantcast

Newbie here. Picked up this machine at a auction. It fell into ice and spend some time under water. Lucky for me it was cold and it froze quickly. After lots of fluid changes and minor repairs it has been solid for 10 hours of use.  Anyway few questions

Does this machine have brake lights and tailights?. If so where is brake light switch

Anyone have location of horn and relay?

Does overheat light come on when key is on?

Where is parking brake switch for light on dash?

I will say this thing is well built for tough work.

Yes it has brake lights and tail lights in one.  It should turn on when you flip the light switch, and the brake light comes on when you press the brake pedal.  Most models have a spring attached to the pedal  that goes to a switch just above the pedal.  

And as far as i know, they don't have a horn,stock unless one is added .

14 hours ago, Matthew Hencinski said:

Does overheat light come on when key is on?

Do you mean while the engine is running, or just when you turn the key  to the ON position? because the key has 3 positions. Off, On and Start (Engine).

Welcome to the board and Congrats on your purchase of a great machine.  If you need any parts look here: https://www.kawasakipartshouse.com/oemparts/c/kawasaki_utility_2007_prior/parts

• Like 1

Thanks I will look for the brake light switch. As far as temp light it does not ever light up. Should it turn on when key is switched to on before starting engine. Example most cars will self test bulbs before engine starts.. Thanks for all the help

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matthew Hencinski said:

Should it turn on when key is switched to on before starting engine.

Yes, that is perfectly fine.

Mine is an 05 diesel. The only light that lights up before starting is the oil pressure light. Of course yours could be different. I think they went to some kind of onboard computer system soon after mine was built, but I don't know when. So yours could be a completely different machine. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By etimc
      I suspect I have a faulty temp sensor but at the cost of the sensor plus 50 percent tariff plus the shipping cost to Costa Rica, i would like to confirm it - the Hisun 800 has 2 sensors - one in the radiator appears to be a fully open or fully closed bi-metal contact switch similar to the old household thermostats for your heating system. - My fans turn on and off automatically as they should and a jumper across the connector also triggers the fan - appears to be a simple logic circuit back to the computer that then trips a relay for the fans.  The second sensor is on the back cylinder almost hidden by the throttle body and idle control system - I have unplugged it, sprayed it with contact cleaner, checked the pins, tried to get a resistance reading across the sensor, reconnected it and still get a blinking red light on the display panel warning of high temperature - this occurs even when the buggy is still cold having just started it in the morning - I have not been able to trace out the other end of the cable on the display panel since it appears i will have to remove the entire front plastic to get to it - hoping i could confirm the resistance before i go to that step (this is the same buggy originally posted by Jim Magnuson last September when the spark arrestor overheated and burned the plastic pickup bed - I fixed that by removing and cleaning the spark arrestor and it has never glowed red again.  I would really like to put a guage in place of the digital idiot light since (from experience in automobiles) by the time the idiot light goes on you have already damaged the engine - Which brings the second question - would it be advisable to swap the front radiator sensor for a real sensor and then jumper the fans to always on condition at the connector so the computer contentedly thinks everything is working and it is doing its job ?

• By Travis
      It's been leaking VERY slowly over the past couple years, just  had to add a minute amount of brake fluid every few months. Now i have to i add about 3/4 of a cup every 5 days.
      i took the rear tire off, where it is leaking from, cleaned up the outside of the drum and it looks like the fluid is leaking from where the   "outer" drum meats the inner drum, #41038. guessing its the brake cylinder inside..... any other thoughts. I made sure the brake line is tight too.

• By kmadsen30
      I have a 2015 Kawasaki mule 4010 4x4 that wont run more that 5 seconds when the engine is cold and the o2 sensor is plugged in. once I disconnect the sensor it runs and has lots of white smoke out of the exhaust. once it warms up I can plug the o2 sensor in and it will run fine. I swapped the sensor and didn't get any change.
    • By KTMspeedFreak
      For some reason, out of no where all my tranny flue is leaked out from around one of the seals in tranny where the drive shafts come out. 
      Buggy was in the garage for few days with no leaks, then randomly all the oil just started dripping out from one of the seal areas?? I didn’t even move the buggy... The only reason I can think as to why it went from zero leaks to major leak is the cold weather here in FL may have shrunk the seals?? Anyone else think this is rather strange? 🤨🧐
      Also, antonella’s know where I can order these? 
    • By Rifleman1775
      Hello everybody. Newb here. Just bought my first UTV a couple weeks ago. Needed a set of wheels to use while hunting and mostly around my small acreage. Got a heck of a deal on a new to me 2017 Mule SX SE that's not even due for the first service. And it came with a trailer to haul it around on.  Got lots of questions that I hope can get answered on this forum.