What weight of oil and brand Joyner 1100

silverbullet.

10w40. but i would use 10x30.

Thanks Rich

If you need parts check us out .

silverbulletmotorsports.net

16 year selling Joyner parts.

if you have any problem let me know,I can help 

I live in the desert southwest where temperatures go above 115 a few days a year.  On my next oil change, I'm going to try 10w or 20w-50.  My Renegade oil pressure at idle is barely 10psi (new sending unit).  I prefer 20psi at idle.   I'm hoping that will improve my oil pressure at idle.  Edited:  The 2016 owner's manual for the Renegade (it has the same 1100cc engine as the Trooper) say to use 10W30-50 oil.

@Monty Herbold I added to your topic title and it now reads: What weight of oil and brand Joyner 1100

This will help others and identify your topic on searches. 😁

Monty Herbold...Run  Royal Purple 20W-50!!

And Dan B ......I ride out in Johnson valley Ca, .... I've always ran Royal Purple 20w-50.  First time out on start up had 30-40psi at idle and had 70+psi if I was on it...... But dropped to 10-15psi when just of the trail (Hot) and at idle..(still 70psi if on it)... Needed better cooling!   What you need is a Oil cooler kit + Royal Purple 20w-50!! That's what fixed it for me!!

Okay!  Thanks for the info.  I'll look at getting an oil cooler.  There was one time I noticed that my idle pressure was about 10 psi.  Then later during the same ride it was near 20 psi.  I'm wondering if a problem is developing in the oil pressure relief (bypass valve) adjustment; maybe sticking slightly open at times.  I'm not familiar enough with the Chery engines but I do know that regular cars have that adjustment in the oil pump.  Older cars had that adjustment in the engine block near the oil filter.

Mine was similar but, I could attribute the low pressure to oil temperature from the riding I had just been doing (lots of throttle and heavy loads).. I don't have an oil temp gauge but, I just know that the oil was hot LoL!! I'd go with  the cooler and if you got problems still.. I'd say it might be in the oil bypass for you.. If so, it's in the oil pump assembly on a chery engine! But, lets hope not!! LMAO

Capture+_2018-09-15-16-59-32.png

Capture+_2018-09-15-17-01-01.png

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Brandon
      I own a few acres of land and would use this for working on the property and for some fun.  What should I expect?  Good product or cheaply made and worthless?  If you were to buy again would you? Would you recommend someone to buy one?  How is the power, gear box, frame, brakes, and steering? The big question is reliability?  
      Thanks
    • By fettman1176
      Anyone know where i can get a kit? Need rings, inserts, main bearings, oil pump, gasket set
    • By abernot
      Hello,
      First time buggy/UTV buyer here and I have been looking at a 2016 Joyner Sand Viper 1100cc.  
      First of all, and overall comments on that particular model or recommendations?  I am a very amateur rider and am just looking to have some occasional fun in the surrounding desert areas of Vegas as well as do some low key canyons and small mountain areas.
      Main question is, what are the options to tow the buggy aside from trailering it?  I have been looking into a tow bar but am finding very limited information on anyone installing a way to connect a tow bar to the rig and tow it that way.  Any insights are greatly appreciated!
    • By 180gtr
      Parting out a rolled Sand viper 1100. I will list some of the parts I have, otherwise ask me if there is something specific you are looking for. I am selling everything I have for $800. I am located near Glenwood Springs CO.
      SOLD ITEMS, I do not have these items.
      Wheels
      Tires
      Engine
      Transmission
      Axles
      Shocks
      Control Arms
      Things I have....These all came off of the running engine. I have video of it running if anyone needs to verify that.
      Throttle Body $90
      Starter $150
      Alternator $150
      Fuel rail, injectors, fpr $100
      fuel pump $70
      Map Sensor $50
      Full set of Guages $150
      Exhaust w cat, O2 SOLD
      Ignition Coil - SOLD
      Wiring harness and ecu SOLD
      Radiator, shroud, elec fan, overflow tank $200
      Fuel tank w sender $150 Has dent at base of fuel neck, no leaks
      I have a box full of misc bolts, nuts, etc.
      I will sell the Chassis or Frame alone for $200. The chassis is in pretty good shape, needs some cage repair and 2 areas straightened where control arms mount. If anyone had an automotive frame machine it would take a few hours.
      That would include....
      Brake calipers, lines, pedal, master cyl, E brake assy,
      Steering shaft, wheel
      Ignition switch, key
      Light bar frame, 2 lights
      misc hardware, spindles
      2 hubs, rotors
      Engine mounts
      Throttle pedal, cables
      Shifter, cables
      Clutch master, pedal
      I am sure I am forgetting something.
      I am parting this out of ebay right now, I just picked up another project and could use the room. No I will not take less than $700 for all of it or $200 for the frame. I do not need to sell it, I will make far more parting it out but would like the extra space in the garage.
      If interested I also have an 07 1000rr engine setup I would sell with the buggy for $650.
      Thanks!

• By Biggz
      My family moved from Illinois to Leadville Colorado about 3 months ago.  Leadville has a lot of trails to ride and some fun off road stuff  that i would love to start getting into with my boys. I currently have a 04 HD FXD Superglide that i might sell or trade for a UTV. My question is are there any UTV that are good solid used side by side that i could find for about $4500 or $5000? If not I will keep saving for something. If so what brand and year should i be looking for? Thank you for your help!!

Thank you
      Chris