Quantcast

Dan Hanson

Cub Cadet vs CF Moto

Looking for advice on a Cub Cadet Commander versus a CF moto U Fource. The side by side will be used for hunting, fishing, plowing snow & occasional trail riding. Any advice & opinions are appreciated. Thank you. 

Hi there and welcome.

first off, i just looked on the Cub cadet website, and they have no UTV by the name of  Commander. Do you perhaps mean Can Am commander?

I'm also seriuosly considering the Challenger because of the features that are standard equipment and the price. The only accessories that I would be adding would be the rear window, hard upper doors, and perhaps the power steering. I would be looking at around 11,500 for it. I would have a hard time justifying spending 16K+ for a more mainstream machine. I would be barging it over to an island in Puget Sound for general transportation use around the island on dirt roads. Speed limit is 15mph on the island so top end isn't an issue. Occasional beach use. Nothing very strenuous, except for a long fairly steep hill coming up from the marina. The salt air and rain/humidity is hard on everything there (thus the hard cab requirement).
Obviously, reliability is a major concern. The biggest majority of reviews I have seen have been very negative. Is there anyone that has positive feedback?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Ruled out Cub Cadet. Not a good endorsement by the local dealer. He told me that he couldn't recommend the Challenger for use in the island environment. He said he had seen a lot of issues with the electrical system due to salt air corrosion. I told him I would be willing to fill all the connectors with dialectric grease to prevent this. He said he would rather lose the sale than sell it to me. This is astounding to me because there are many other much more electrical intensive vehicles on the island than this. Obviously, he feels that the Cub Cadet is vastly inferior to others.
Oh well, goodbye Cub; hello, Polaris.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

• Like 1