Quantcast

mixfixdave

Joyner Trooper Power Steering

I had been wanting to install power steering on my T4 for years so I went to the salvage yard last weekend and bought a complete column (minus airbag) out of a 2009 Nissan Versa for $125 with the ECU.

It was a fairly simple install. The long shaft that fits to the Joyner steering rack actually fit perfectly into the Nissan column. Had to weld up a U joint on the Nissan column to make it a straight shaft and fab up one simple bracket. Connect power and ground plus a switched 12v and now I can steer with one hand!

91946288c74a5d990bad6a4da5bec532.png

Do you have any more pics.?  I tried buying a kit with silver built but couldn’t get a price once I got a price , couldn’t get them to ship .

I wouldn’t deal with SB...he is always a pain in the ass for some reason the few times that I have ordered parts from him and everyone on the forum that deals with SB reports problems receiving parts or just getting ripped off completely.

I will post some better pics as soon as I can, but I can tell you that the Nissan Versa column was simple to remove in the junk yard and the only additional parts I needed for installation on the Joyner was a 6” piece of 1/2” angle and 18” of heavy wire to run for power from the winch 12VDC connections.

Oh, and I did have to weld up a U joint that was part of the Nissan linkage, but it was easy!

@mixfixdave  thanks for the pics, sorry for the late response. I hadn’t noticed you had responded back.  

Right now im having problems with my trooper it wants to stall when I give it gas. So I’m working on fixing that currently.

thanks again 

Scott

Simply badass mixfix. Super impressed with your ingenuity. Guys like you are the heart and soul of the Joyner family. 

Simply badass mixfix. Super impressed with your ingenuity. Guys like you are the heart and soul of the Joyner family. 

Thanks...makes wheeling the beast much more enjoyable.