Quantcast

Is this something that could be solved by buckling the belt behind the driver? I just hate all the lawsuit driven safety measures. My 2005 mule goes 25 mph in high gear. Still has a seat belt though, with the original rubber band on it. Rarely goes over 15 mph. Never saw the need. The good news is, that most useless safety measures can be overridden pretty easily. Typically just a simple sensor, that can be overridden by a jumper wire. Least ways that's how it works on my rider mowers.  It all depends on what the manufacturer has put in, and how serious they are with it. 

What's the big deal with using the seat belt?  We have to buckle up everyday in the car.  Seen too many accidents not to wear mine.  It's an individual's choice

On mine, the accelerator limiter is tied to the actual buckle. When a seat belt (or extender wink wink) is plugged into the buckle attached to the UTV, it acts as if the seat buckle is connected.  Not too sure they are all that way, however if you really dont want to use the safety equipment (not recommended), this would be a work around as the extender can stay plugged in all the time. And, if you have a revelation about using the safety gear, (All The Gear All The Time ATGATT)you can just attach your seat belt to the extender.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By BAER
      Have a lot of problems shifting gears on a hill, anyone have this problem 
    • By David Justice
      Hi all. I just recently started taking my Trooper T4 back out into the desert here in Phoenix, AZ. I've been running on a mix of sand and rocky terrain and I've noticed an issue and I am wondering if anyone else has encountered a similar situation. The other day, I noticed that my gas pedal would stick at max throttle. It did this twice before I realized that I had a rock(s) stuck somewhere above the gas pedal. By simply repeatedly actuating the pedal it's full travel (with the motor off) small pieces of rocks would dislodge from above the pedal and the pedal would spring back to normal. I assumed that I had solved the issue but it proceeded to do the exact same thing 2 more times. The last time it happened, I dislodged a large rock. The issue hasn't repeated itself since but it did leave me wondering how that large of a rock got into that particular area. The first time this happened, I was actually stopped and the engine banged off the rev limiter a few times until I killed the ignition. The next 3 times I was hauling ass and only discovered the problem after I let off the gas and started braking. The second part of my question is, if anyone has experienced this, have they put something in the chassis to block rocks and debris from catching in this area? I have an early 2009 T4. Thanks.
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By BAER
      Have a lot of problems shifting gears on a hill, anyone have this problem 
    • By Alex
      bad boy off road SIDE-BY-SIDEs
      4-PASSENGER STAMPEDE XTR EPS+ $16,799 Jet Black Electric Blue Platinum DETAILSBUILD & PRICE 4-PASSENGER STAMPEDE XTR EPS $15,999 Forest Green Inferno Red Jet Black Realtree Xtra DETAILSBUILD & PRICE 2-PASSENGER STAMPEDE EPS+ $15,599 Platinum Jet Black Inferno Red Electric Blue DETAILSBUILD & PRICE 2-PASSENGER STAMPEDE EPS $14,799 Jet Black Forest Green Inferno Red Pure White Realtree Xtra DETAILSBUILD & PRICE 2-PASSENGER STAMPEDE $13,799 Forest Green Inferno Red DETAILSBUILD & PRICE 4-PASSENGER RECOIL iS CREW $14,999 Matte Black Flame Red White Realtree Max-5 Realtree Xtra DETAILS 2-PASSENGER RECOIL iS $13,999 Matte Black Flame Red White Realtree Xtra Realtree Max-5 DETAILS 4-PASSENGER RECOIL iS $14,307 Matte Black Flame Red White Realtree Xtra Realtree Max-5 DETAILS 2-PASSENGER RECOIL $9,949 Matte Black Flame Red White Realtree Xtra Realtree Max-5 DETAILS 4-PASSENGER RECOIL $10,257 Matte Black Flame Red White Realtree Xtra Realtree Max-5 DETAILS 2-PASSENGER AMBUSH iS $14,999 Matte Black Flame Red White Realtree Xtra Realtree Max-5 DETAILS 4-PASSENGER AMBUSH iS $15,414 Matte Black Flame Red White Realtree Xtra Realtree Max-5 DETAILS  
    • By Alex
      I just added this forum to host Bad Boy Off Road side-by-side owners. http://www.badboyoffroad.com/