Quantcast

Tires and Wheels

rocmoc

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered a new front rim and they sent me a rim they took off of another machine. You could tell it had a tire mounted on it and was scratched around the edge check out what you order closely. I called and complained and they are sending me a new one but it should have been new the first time.

What kind of tire are they and what size?

General Grabber AT2 27x8.50 R14 95Q 6PR OWL $90.10 http://ssl.delti.com/tyre-pictures/General/GRABBERAT2.jpg

got them $80.00 each plus shipping, 55 to my place, + about 13 each for mounting

Can you take some photos of how you mounted your radiator and stick them on webshots, I think that one of my future mods.

Thanks

Jeff

Can you take some photos of how you mounted your radiator and stick them on webshots, I think that one of my future mods.

Thanks

Jeff

I posted them on Webshots under 4x4x454 I hope it helps. I also posted some of the Supertrapp 2322775780104282158ftwFdN_th.jpg and the Bighorns 2052796350104282158oqHRYk_th.jpg and a few others. I you have any questions please ask.

Well I've tried for 3 days to order the rim on line, but I get an error message after choosing shipping instruction. Maybe because I'm in Mexico. I guess I have to do it the old fashion way and use a phone. Anyone have instruction on how to use the phone. LOL

:rolleyes: Put your finger in the hole that has the number you want, and using your finger, turn the dial in a clockwise direction until your finger hits the stop, Clockwise means upwards on the left side, Repeat for all Ten Digits. :lol: or tap on the phone hook until the operator answers ............. :lol:

2107057100104282158eChsEd_th.jpg

The new not mounted tire (Front Tire) (on the right) is for sale if anyone wants it, $115 from Joyner, I'll let this on go for $80 + Shipping

I'm interested in this. How can I pay you for it though? Since I'm eating my tires lately, I would be great to get this. PM to come.

Thanks for the tip on dailing, I printed it out and stuck next to the old rotary phone. LOL

:D New tires on 11-03-08 :D

2808087580104282158YHNNoA_th.jpg 2075301220104282158bTcaev_th.jpg

They look big on the front, but a little small on the back, but I think they'll do great. :rolleyes:

Took my new tires out for a ride today, cold, 64.8 km 40.3 mi. They seem to perform great, they are a little harder to turn when not moving, larger contact patch, they didn't seem to float around as bad the stockers did, they were smoother, no lugs, I don't think I spun the wheels as much, and they didn't throw rocks as bad as the stockers and what rocks it did throw were small and what little mud I got into didn't get slung as bad. I expect these tires to last a lot longer than stock also. I did some hill climbing and fire roading and no roads and down hills and quad trails.

I give these tires and A+ and would rather have them than stock. I also think they will do better in sand than stock.

Got another deal for someone, at present I have my old rear tire mounted on top for my spare. I like my new tires that are mounted on 14 X 6 in. wheels and would like a 5th one. If someone wants two (2) used rear tires on the 14 X 8 wheels with tubes, I'll trade for one General Grabber AT2 27x8.50 R14 95Q 6PR OWL tire mounted on a stock 14 X 6 in wheel.

2107057100104282158eChsEd_th.jpg

The tire in the center, one of the wheels had a rock lodge between the brake and the inside of the wheel. It caused a scratch all the way around and finally caused a shallow dent inwards as the rock shattered. This caused a leak and was repaired using JB Weld epoxy to seal the hole, both inside and out, it worked fine, the tube was put in later when the tire developed a leak in the side wall. Photos later.

Tire shipped to me $98.92

Wheel shipped to me $105.74

Mount tire locally $12.50

Total for (2) used rear tires on the 14 X 8 wheels with tubes $217.16 + shipping.

https://teamjoynerusa.3dcartstores.com/14-x...nt_p_9-117.html

QUOTE (Kinarfi @ Nov 3 2008, 11:09 PM) post_snapback.gif :D New tires on 11-03-08 :D

2808087580104282158YHNNoA_th.jpg 2075301220104282158bTcaev_th.jpg

They look big on the front, but a little small on the back, but I think they'll do great. :rolleyes:

Took my new tires out for a ride today, cold, 64.8 km 40.3 mi. They seem to perform great, they are a little harder to turn when not moving, larger contact patch, they didn't seem to float around as bad the stockers did, they were smoother, no lugs, I don't think I spun the wheels as much, and they didn't throw rocks as bad as the stockers and what rocks it did throw were small and what little mud I got into didn't get slung as bad. I expect these tires to last a lot longer than stock also. I did some hill climbing and fire roading and no roads and down hills and quad trails.

I give these tires and A+ and would rather have them than stock. I also think they will do better in sand than stock.

Went out again today to test my tires :lol: , hah, I went for a ride because the weather was good. Went to a place called 5 mile pass and then went to the top following the ridge, the "road" was mostly shale and very very rocky, the square type, and the tires and the trooper just putted and roared right up. Didn't see any damage from the nasty rocks and they held their traction just great, I like this tires. :rolleyes:

So Koool! I just bought a set of GREAT used 31X10.5X15 rock/mudders tires for the new rims off of Craigslist. They have a little wear but more than I will ever use on the Trooper. I will pick them up on Sat but will not have time to mount them until we get back from the trip.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico