Quantcast

help with kaf950b diesel

i have a 2007 3010 mule 950 diesel 4x4 it will drive but feels like something is binding then it feels like it brakes loose then will do it over again. at fist i thought it was a belt going bad  replaced it and it still is the same. could it be the front differential, transmission or rear differential and how do i find out which one it is

20 hours ago, Travis said:

I would start with something easy first, and check that your brakes aren't dragging. Jack it up, front and back and spin the tires.

I have a similar machine, and my wheels won't really spin when it's in the air. Not by hand anyway. Because you're also turning the differential.

But I agree that it needs to be jacked up, and on stands. That'll help pinpoint the problem wheel, or wheels. 

Just be careful to make sure the wheels aren't spinning when you put it in, or shift gear.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Travis
      Many people have issues with the kawasaki FJ400 engine  fouling out spark plugs, after  working on a  few FJ engines and 600 series Mule's with this issue,  i can say the fix for this issue is using a slightly hotter spark plug... the factory recommends a BPR6ES NGK plug.... the Number in NGK plugs represents its heat range and somewhat odd, the lower the number the hotter the plug, at least as far as NGK is concerned. If you have  a Mule fouling spark plugs try installing a NGK BPR4ES spark plug.
      FROM NGK
      A hotter heat range spark plug has an insulator design with a longer heat flow path to the metal shell of the plug. As a result, more heat stays in the ceramic firing end and less is dissipated to the engine. A colder heat range spark plug has an insulator design with a shorter heat flow path to the metal shell of the plug. As a result, less heat stays in the ceramic firing end and more is dissipated to the engine. For a spark plug to function properly, it must have a tip temperature high enough to burn off carbon deposits (self-cleaning) and avoid fouling, while remaining low enough to avoid overheating the ceramic firing end and pre-ignition.
    • By JohnHatp
      Hi there, I am new to the forum and want to say that for a long time rode on these two ATVs, but later faced with the fact that to choose accessories is very difficult from cfmoto uforce 1000 accessories, who has already chosen and knows where you can look, interested in all that can be for the quad bike.

• By BOYD
      I have a 2004 KUBOTA RTV 900 DIESEL and I need to replace both front cv axels.I have been online looking at them and there seems to be a lot of different manufactures to choose from. My question is who makes a good aftermarket set of cv axels for this KUBOTA. I have read horror stories of people buying the  cheap Chinese brand only to find out they don't fit or they don't last very long and fail again. I hate to have to spend over $200 a shaft to get OEM from KUBOTA when I'm sure there is a company out there who probably makes it for them or makes comparable to OEM. Thanks for your help.
    • By tim hughes
      does any one else have a slipping belt on the hisun ...i put new wet clutch one way bearing new belt, cleaned primary and secondary and still get slight slippage
    • By dave pasch
      Got it running. The 4wd gets 12v power but does not engage. The posi traction (rear end) does not engage also.  Any one have experience / ideas on fixing these items?

Thanks Dave