Quantcast

VRT

New to UTVs

I live in Las Vegas and am new to the board, I am looking for a four seat UTV to have to play around with in the desert. I haven't decided on anything I have friends that have various ones and each have their own opinions on which is the best etc so I am coming here to do research.

Welcome to the UTV board!

Might take a look at Kawasaki's new KRX ...Depending on your budget.

Hi, I'm new to UTV's also, I just purchased the 2020 Kubota  RTV XG-850 Sidekick Special Edition. I don't have a lot of experience but this is great little RTV.  

side by side 2.jpg

side by side 1.jpg

side by side.jpg

• Like 1

On 6/18/2020 at 1:35 PM, VRT said:

I live in Las Vegas and am new to the board, I am looking for a four seat UTV to have to play around with in the desert. I haven't decided on anything I have friends that have various ones and each have their own opinions on which is the best etc so I am coming here to do research.

For the desert, you'll want something fast, with independent suspension. Definitely not a utility vehicle. Slow and clunky, isn't what you want in the desert. And I'm not sure what they call the hot rod side×side. But it'd be the Polaris RZR type of thing.

Just do yourself a favor, and buy a name brand. Buy once cry once. Anything less, and your just buying trouble. And the desert is no place for a mechanical breakdown. 

Personally, I'd want a dune buggy, because what you're looking for is very pricey. And for similar money, a dune buggy would be much more versatile. With cheaper parts, better parts availability, as well as better, quicker resale. With less depreciation. Rollovers would be carefree, with no worries about breaking expensive plastic panels. Plenty of power to pull your buddy's broken machine back to the trailer lol. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.