Quantcast

2014 Bennche 700 EFI crew reverse problem

Lyonel Geary

• 8 months later...
On 6/20/2020 at 3:09 PM, Lyonel Geary said:

When I try to back up a hill, belt squeals and engine surges.  Will not back up.  Never have any problem going forward on the steepest hills.  Have seen this problem posted before but, never an answer. 

I have the same problem did you figure it out. No one can send anything that makes any sense.

My first thought when I read "belt squeals": is that the rubber band in the CVT is severely glazed-that's the only thing in there that can "squeal"--if the belts looks good I'd pull apart the variator (drive pulley--often and  quite incorrectly called the "primary clutch")) and torque multiplier (driven pulley--often an d quite incorrectly called the "secondary clutch") and make sure all components in same meet their specs (primarily the roller weights in the variator; and spring, torque cam and cam followers in the multiplier.

Though I really don't understand why such problems would be unique to reverse gear.

• Thanks 1

Just had a thought, reverse is generally a lower"gear"  (a numerically higher ratio) than any forward gear--that means for any given vehicle load less torque being transmitted through the CVT. That lower torque requirement could show itself if a jammed up movable pulley face in the torque multiplier is also present,

The spiral slots in the outer (movable) pulley hub are the Torque multiplier cams--the  pins (p/n 5) are the cam followers)

Hs700TorqueMultiplier-00.jpg.401484b2a507c066814a7f7fcf5cc7f0.jpg

The torque spring (p/n 3) forces the pulley faces together, working against transmitted torque to keep the driven pulley effective diameter large and the variator (drive pulley) working diameter smaller (I.e. a "lower gear)--this happens while the variator centrifugal weights are also trying to make the variator pulley effective diameter larger. This battle between the two is part of what determines the overall CVT ratio.

However when torque needed to accelerate the vehicle reaches a certain level the belt slips on the inner (fixed) driven pulley face but not on the movable face causing the outer pulley half  to try rotate--if it can rotate  the torque multiplier cam and its followers work with the spring to force the driven pulley faces further together to further increase its effective diameter (if not already closed completely) and thereby forcing the variator face apart decreasing its effective diameter--temporarily forcing a lower yet over all ratio until yet another equilibrium is struck. when vehicle torque demand falls off. This is why the assembly is called the "torque multiplier".

If the outer multiplier pulley was jammed on its shaft unable to rotate and effect pitch diameter , a lower torque demand (as in reverse gear) could cause the belt to effectively loosen, slip in both sheaves ,  and squeal.

110% speculation, but its been 8-9 months, what else do we have?  And I would bet "dollars-to-donuts" it's a CVT issue.

Not sure I explained this fully or sufficiently clearly, if anyone has questions or comments let 'em fly...

• Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By J Gill
      any suggestions? my 2019 mule sx fi wont idle down completely, I have to lift the box and flick the throttle lever and it comes back down.
    • By Bruce Wayne
      Have a 2001 Kawasaki Mule 3010 4X4. It just will not start. New battery, fuel pump, filter, replaced rusted out fuel tank,plugs and all air filters are good. It's getting spark.getting fuel to carburetor. It never ran perfect but not at all, c'mon. Any help appreciated.
    • By malenurse13
      Previous owner ran into something that bent the frame on the driver's side. Should we try to bend it back straight? I don't think a windshield will fit right if it stays bent.

• By jsm2006
      I have a 2012 yardsport 700xlt that started with a high idle, I changed out the throttle body but it was still too high. I then messed with the throttle cable positioning and now it will run for about 30 sec. and then as soon as I touch the gas it sputters and dies like its getting too much gas. I've changed out the filters and checked the pump. It could be something completely else but a mechanic told me to reset the engine management system but all I know to do is take the battery cables off and touch the 2 ends together. 
    • eManualOnline
    • By Steven78
      Hi I have a t boss 410 is about a year old with 150 MI and it feels like the brakes are stuck when you take off but in neutral it rolls perfectly I also have a t boss 550 that does not do this so was just wondering if anyone else has had this issue or if it is common with this machine also on the 410 have had the stator motor and voltage regulator replace once already and think it is bad again not sure if this would have anything to do with the other issue any help or advice would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Zero
      So i have a 2011 EFI 700. the SxS will crank right up everytime without any issues. If i let it run or ride it for about 10 mins it will shut off and then it may turn on if i am lucky but most time i have to let it sit for like 3 hours and then it will run again. i have done the following
      -New fuel filter
      -New injector
      -New spark plug
      -New coil pack and plug wire
      -New air filter

Also could i get a grizzly 660 engine and put in it or would it not work.
    • By ANIL SEDALI
      Hi friends. I'm Anıl. I live in Turkey. I have a Hisun 700 UTV 2015 Models. My problem is : 
      inability to change gear after the engine has started. Before the engine starts, it can shift into all gears; but after running, I cannot change gear. At about 3000 km. Fuel injection model. Can anyone help on this topic? Thank you!
    • By albert schewe
      my name is albert i have in my shop a hs700utv that im getting no fire to coil i replaced the cdi  and checked the relays and ignition switch out getting power to the cdi but nothing to coil and i didn't find any broken wires. they said that it was running fine and then it just stopped and  wasn't getting any power to the coil  is their another sensor on here that will stop it from firing  i have looked at a wiring diagram but im not seeing  anything different from what i know  i checked the cdi and im getting fire to it but not to coil and this is a second coil no difference  and also this is a delphi cdi 2 port is their any way to check it i know im getting power to the black  plug in cdi  on the # 10 the green and black wire but nothing else the blue and black wire is opposite of it the emergency brake and neutral switch is working  is their a obd II plug for this i found one in back of pickup bed but i cant find a scanner but im not sure if it is one  and im getting power to the stator the threee wires  im at a lost here 
    • By Julie Doeppke
      We bought a Hisun 700 UTV, used. It has an issue when you run it in high. It drives but acts like it is shifting when you get around 35mph. Clutch looks good. Read many articles and not sure transmission or something in rear of UTV. Looking for any advice.     
    • By Lucas Lenartowicz
      We just got a used Hisun utv which burns oil like crazy and needs a diff seal. I'm having a hard time finding parts so far so I was wondering whether two models were the same. Our model is Supermach 700U 2008. Many times the Hisun HS700 shows up when looking for parts. So are the parts between these two models the same? Are the essentially same with different stickers on it? 
      Thanks 
      Lucas