Quantcast

2008 Journey Trooper T2 Aftermarket suspension parts

Hi, I’m new here.  I’ve read a lot of strings about aftermarket parts, but not a lot is 100% clear if it works or doesn’t so I’m asking for anyone’s input on aftermarket ball joints that fit 08 trooper T2 and aftermarket rear trailing arm bushings 

Any info on part numbers or specific brands would be greatly appreciated!

thanks, Doug

If it's specifically listed for your model. You should be okay.  I'm assuming that you're trying to lift the vehicle?

On most of these machines, there's lots of hard points that would need to be moved for a substantial lift. Things like frame tubes, and built in skid plates. Places where the drive shaft, or axles come through the frame. The manufacturer knows that it needs ground clearance. And it's typically close to maxed out for that vehicle. 

If there's no conflict there, and the vehicle is listed as being a fit. Then there shouldn't be a problem. Especially if it's a reputable manufacturer, or vendor. 

Hi Kenfain,

thanks for the reply. No not lifting it, just looking to replace ball joints and rear trailing arm bushings, having a hard time locating ball joints, especially in tumbler ridge Canada lol

I assumed others have ended up using aftermarket ones that are better quality then the stock ones, but I guess that’s not the case as no one has any input on aftermarket suspension parts that fit trooper. 
I have  plenty of clearance on this one with 30 inch MaxXis Zillas I have almost 17 inches So no problem there 

but thanks for the input all the same, greatly appreciated!

take care

2 hours ago, Grizz Country said:

Hi Kenfain,

thanks for the reply. No not lifting it, just looking to replace ball joints and rear trailing arm bushings, having a hard time locating ball joints, especially in tumbler ridge Canada lol

I assumed others have ended up using aftermarket ones that are better quality then the stock ones, but I guess that’s not the case as no one has any input on aftermarket suspension parts that fit trooper. 
I have  plenty of clearance on this one with 30 inch MaxXis Zillas I have almost 17 inches So no problem there 

but thanks for the input all the same, greatly appreciated!

take care

There are some old discussions in the Joyner forum regarding ball joints. I recall seeing some users mention alternate products that worked for them. You can also look for the part numbers in the parts catalog and do a Google search to find them. If the parts are not specifically made by Joyner they often turn up under other manufacturer brand names.

If anyone else is looking for what appears to be decent quality ball joints, fits 2008 t2

you do have to teem/drill the knuckle to fit the stud part but the ball joint presses into control arms perfectly on mine

does anyone have info on shim size for wheel bearings to get rid of play in wheel bearings

my wheel bearings are new skf and press into hubs perfectly, but still have play when the axle nut is tightened up because there doesn’t seem to be preload on them. I have read other posts about shims but don’t see where to buy them, what sizes needed, who has made their own, or anything available in Canada 

Any input on solutions appreciated

thanks

B5B04064-22BA-4BF8-935E-D223A6EE1E78.jpeg

If anyone else is looking for what appears to be decent quality ball joints, fits 2008 t2
you do have to teem/drill the knuckle to fit the stud part but the ball joint presses into control arms perfectly on mine

does anyone have info on shim size for wheel bearings to get rid of play in wheel bearings
my wheel bearings are new skf and press into hubs perfectly, but still have play when the axle nut is tightened up because there doesn’t seem to be preload on them. I have read other posts about shims but don’t see where to buy them, what sizes needed, who has made their own, or anything available in Canada 
thanks
B5B04064-22BA-4BF8-935E-D223A6EE1E78.jpeg.806f58c96785d0da2c7bf0c4a67bd63c.jpeg

Can you describe what drilling you had to do to the knuckle?
I’m not sure what you mean by “teem/drill”...

The ball joint stud on the aftermarket joint is slightly larger diameter then the Joyner ball joint where the stud fits into the knuckle

you have to Reem or drill the knuckle to accommodate the larger stud on the aftermarket ball joint.

i also drilled my pinch bolts out to 3/8 so I could make sure the joints studs are Pinched in good and tight and that the bolts actually go thru the groove in the ball joint stud

But I’m still wondering does anyone have info on shim size for wheel bearings to get rid of play in wheel bearings

thanks

You bet, hope it helps someone out some day

Thanks mixfix, yeah I did see silverbullets posts about shims but don’t think I heard if anyone had success with them or not, so I figure I’ll make some and try it out to see if it fixes that small bit of play

good to know your getting that many kms out of bearings even with a bit of play! 
Thanks Doug