Quantcast

2009 Joyner Trooper 1100 T2 diff cable removal

Anthony Butler

I looked at my rear differential.  It looks like I'd have to remove the differential to get access to the internal cable connection which means I'd have to just about remove all the rear axle components. Before doing that, eliminate all other possibilities such as a binding lever (I presume you did that).  Also, get under your ride to see of there's something as simple as a clamp.  It would be a poor design if I have to remove and disassemble a differential just to preplace the cable.  Maybe someone has a service manual that give a better answer than I have.

Does your 4WD lever "lock" into the 4WD position or is it soft and mushy like mine?

I’m thinking if the locker pin is pulled into the diff enough that you can’t get the cable out, then you need to remove the diff and open it up.
Happened to me once, locker wouldn’t engage, but the problem was the locker mechanism/fork inside the differential was bent and off the locker ring. I straightened it and it’s been fine for years.
Also had some loose ring gear bolts and did the Lenny upgrade while I had it apart.
Here’s a pic of the locker fork and ring
b79d67cf34cda34a682225906dc649a3.jpg

• 1 year later...

Thanks for that pic. I just ordered a new rear diff and it came with a (damaged in shipping) broken diff lock actuator lever (that connects to the cable going to the front). I wanted to know if that pin was removable somehow and you just showed me what's on the other side ... doesn't look removable. Thanks a bunch!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.