Quantcast

Anthony Butler

2009 Joyner Trooper 1100 T2 diff cable removal

I looked at my rear differential.  It looks like I'd have to remove the differential to get access to the internal cable connection which means I'd have to just about remove all the rear axle components. Before doing that, eliminate all other possibilities such as a binding lever (I presume you did that).  Also, get under your ride to see of there's something as simple as a clamp.  It would be a poor design if I have to remove and disassemble a differential just to preplace the cable.  Maybe someone has a service manual that give a better answer than I have.

Does your 4WD lever "lock" into the 4WD position or is it soft and mushy like mine?

Yea i have the cable disconnected on the other lever side and can move the diff end without the cable so its not seized in the diff . Just trying to get the cable free so it will work using the lever .

Yea i have the cable disconnected on the other lever side and can move the diff end without the cable so its not seized in the diff . Just trying to get the cable free so it will work using the lever .

I’m thinking if the locker pin is pulled into the diff enough that you can’t get the cable out, then you need to remove the diff and open it up.
Happened to me once, locker wouldn’t engage, but the problem was the locker mechanism/fork inside the differential was bent and off the locker ring. I straightened it and it’s been fine for years.
Also had some loose ring gear bolts and did the Lenny upgrade while I had it apart.
Here’s a pic of the locker fork and ring
b79d67cf34cda34a682225906dc649a3.jpg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• Similar Tagged Content

• By Grizz Country
      Hi, I’m new here.  I’ve read a lot of strings about aftermarket parts, but not a lot is 100% clear if it works or doesn’t so I’m asking for anyone’s input on aftermarket ball joints that fit 08 trooper T2 and aftermarket rear trailing arm bushings 
      Any info on part numbers or specific brands would be greatly appreciated!
      thanks, Doug
    • By xbodyman
      Does any one have a wire color code on wires one the rear relays on a trooper 2 2008 model i had a lower relay on  the rear fuse block  melt down so i pulled the wire couldnt remember so i looked and thought the black with read was ground any way its a mess please help if you can thanks  Bodyman  ps also were do people get parts now days i could use a fuel sender thanks agin
    • By Volkz VLOGS
      Hi, I'm getting ready to supercharge my trooper and I'm looking for advice on the setup. So far I have... a AMR500 supercharger, small intercooler, Dolbeck EJK fuel controller and wideband. Looking for any advice on what else I'm going to need and what to expect..Thank you

• By Dan B
      I have a 2014 Joyner Renegade R2 1100cc.  I've seen many posts about these bolts sheering off.  I don't run my R2 very hard. I live in the desert southwest; not much mud around here.  I'm just wondering if I've got a potential of having the same problem or do these bolts only sheer off when running hard through deep mud and such.  Did Joyner realize this problem and include 12.9 bolts in later versions, like my model year?  Seems like this problem appears in the earlier model years.
    • By MauyThai1
      I have a 2009 Joyner T2 for sale.  1100 cc Turbo charged motor with five speed transmission. full cab with heater, up graded steering box, new himes joints, 2 inch lift with up graded shocks and travel limit straps, up graded induction system, remote oil filter station with two large filter which hold and extra gallon of oil, up graded rear diff, mud flares, up graded axels, up graded wheel bearings, extra set of 27 in tires, extra up graded diff as well as original shocks and axels. 12 inch wheel travel with 17 inches ground clearance. 6000 miles on unit. comes with 14 ft trailer with 3500 lb axel.   8500.00   This has been a great machine which I use for hunting only, never raced or hill climbed.  This machine has never been off it's wheels as in never been rolled or abused. You can contact me on this site or call 970-986-0268 as well as e-mail me at bugler [email protected]  I can send pictures if your interested.