Quantcast

Alrighty then....

13 minutes ago, Travis said:

... canada's windmills operate in below zero temps and ice...

I interned for a manufacturer and lived in Montreal for 2 years--they would have to do so or not work at all. We had to plug our cars in at night (block heaters) so they would turn over (at all) in the morning...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Wandering Bison
      Hey everyone,

I am looking for people who enjoy remote adventures to test a new service I have launched, I thought I'd reach out to the community here.

Almost three years ago, my travels took me to Cape Scott Provincial Park, at the northern end of Vancouver Island,  a remote area on the shores of the Pacific Ocean, where I spent a week. While there, I realized I would have had no way of getting notified of a distant earthquake and the resulting tsunami. My Garmin inReach would have allowed me to call for help in an emergency or to get a current forecast, but it couldn't alert me in the case of an immediate risk. Imagine a similar situation in an area at risk from flash flooding, forest fires or a tornado. When I got back to civilization, I tried to find a solution. Surprisingly, no one offered a notification solution using a satellite device like inReach!

So, I founded a company called Adiona Alert to provide the service I needed but couldn't find. 

After more than two years of work, including testing the service over the last six months throughout North America and issuing over 2000 safety alerts, including severe weather, to our small fleet of test devices, we are beginning to invite people to join our Early Access program so they can start using the service today for free! 

Given where your adventures likely take you, this community would be perfect to test the service.

As we slowly add small groups of users, It would be great if some of you would apply for our Early Access program. You would get these potentially live-saving alerts for free. All I ask in return is to share your thoughts, suggestions, and even complaints with my team to improve the solution.

I would love you to visit our website - AdionaAlert.com, to learn more and apply for our Early Access program.

Thanks for considering this, and let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

J.S.
    • By jmutv
      Hello!  I have a Coleman 550x that has about 4.5 hours on it.  It's had an easy life waiting on the engine to break in.  I purchased it in June and now with cooler weather coming in, it seems to be not wanting to start.  If the temp outside is 70 degrees or less, it won't catch.  The lights all work, no error code.  I can turn over the engine and the battery is strong.  If I give it the slightest amount of gas, it will start.  However, if the RPM drop near 1500, it quits.  I've tried running it for 6-7 mins (with the accelerator slightly depressed) to see if when warmed it up it works, but still no go.  Perhaps the engine didn't actually warm up at that low of RPM and around 65 degrees outside.  If the temperature is warmer, starts right up and runs no big deal as if nothing is wrong.  I called coleman and they want me to take it to a repair shop and they didn't even try to troubleshoot.  Any ideas?
    • By Mikeboz
      Just purchased a new Coleman UT400 and came across your forum searching for info and wanted to get in on the fun. We have had a golf cart that wasn't really up to the job and pulled the trigger on the Coleman. We only have 5 acres and this seems to be a good match. So far I have been pleased with the purchase but like several others the manual is not correct but I  have already found very useful information here 😀
    • By Travis
      It''s sleeting here now, though the radar just shows rain, looks like the rest of Texas is going to get snow too. it's 37° right now.
    • By brostar
      BLACK FRIDAY / CYBER MONDAY SALES:
      This runs from now and includes Black Friday to Cyber Monday.
      Ask before you buy as I will need to adjust your price so you get the discount. ATV / UTV parts & Accessories sell out fast this time of year even without the Black Friday sales so it is first in first served with no rainchecks. 
      Windshields & Cabs are not kept in stock, they are made to order. Windshields have a build time of 4 working days. Cabs are up to 15 working days due to heavy sales. The cut off for Cabs will be the 30th of November for a Xmas delivery. For Windshields it will be around the 15th of December.
      Free shipping is just for the Lower 48. For Hawaiian, Alaskan & Canadian or other international orders we can ship through USPS or if you sign up with MyUS.com we can free ship down to them and they have the best international shipping charges I've found.
      Want a discount for another part not listed. Just ask. Email me here - [email protected]  Give us time to reply, this is our busy season and not all emails can be answered straight away.

Go to the following websites for product info and pricing to work out your price with the discount.
      Main Website: https://pacificeagleutv.com/
      New Website under construction:  https://pacificeaglepowersports.com/  
      One of our eBay stores  https://www.ebay.com/str/pacificeagleutv   Just look on eBay, don't buy. If you buy on eBay, there will be no discount. Check it out and tell us what you need and I will pass that discount onto you.  

15% OFF EVERYTHING LISTED HERE.
      That includes our Snow Plows Kits. If you are going to buy one you don't want to miss out on this. Remember, if these are sold out, there are no rainchecks. Some Snow Plows will sell out.
      ATV - UTV Snow Plows & Snow Plow Mounts - For Most makes and models. If you have a 2" front receiver like most do on here, we have that 2" plow mount that can also house a winch mount. 
      ATV - UTV Winches  - For all ATV & UTV Models

10% OFF EVERYTHING LISTED HERE. Check out our website for your model. 
      UTV Windshields - Doors - Tops - Back Panels - Full Cabs.
      If you miss these discounts and are reading this later on, just hit me up for a 5% discount on everything we sell and you will get it. Just mention UTV Board.