Quantcast

2016 Kawasaki mule pro FX CV BOOTS

I have a  2016 Kawasaki mule pro FX ,I seem to be replacing cv boots on the inner rear and have tried several different kinds, this unit doesn’t get used hard and has a lift on it 

• Alex changed the title to 2016 Kawasaki mule pro FX CV BOOTS
17 minutes ago, Jass said:

Yes, and it has Elka suspension shocks on it and I’m thinking the CV shafts are at to much angle. 

BINGO!--I read this in your first post " has a lift on it " and thought to myself--well there you go...

Contrary to popular web-based "fast &furious" opinion, and every now & then,  the engineers that design this stuff actually do know what they are doing.

• Like 1

I found a couple "rear-end" photos on the web of what are stated to be stock 2016 Mules:

2016MULEAssEnd-00.thumb.jpeg.cdaf2870fa96bb340851f2834e900636.jpeg2016MULEAssEnd-01.thumb.jpeg.ad2035c263b1eb0027e3cb7de78ea9ad.jpeg

Note the angle of the axles as compared to yours. Adjusting the preload of those poorly conceived aftermarket shocks will not correct that. The issue is the overall "eye-oi-eye" length of the shock--I would replace them with stock, or at least 1"-1-1/2" shorter units. However in comparing your and the OEM photos it seems as though the top mounting point of the aftermarket shocks is further outboard then the stock shocks (which would raise the suspension); it may be possible to move that top mounting point inward to the stock position and lessen the ridiculous angle of those axles.

Also, CV joints stop being constant velocity when operated at such extreme angles, whichj can (and usually does) lead to other problems with differential bearing and gears, an wheel bearings.

My idiot California nitwit step-son completely fouled up his 2017 Tacoma 4x4 by installing some cheap 6" lift-kit that was nothing but longer struts--screwed up the front and rear differentials, axle shafts and transmission due to the jarring dynamic loads created by the CV joints being at such extreme angles. The good kits relocated the differential housings downward to maintain a sensible axle angles.

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, Jass said:

Thanks for the in out an help I’ll get this corrected and see how things go. 

Unfortunately far too many aftermarket modifications are developed, produced and marketed by people with little to no actual engineering knowledge, skills or even ability who really do not know WTF they are doing ("lift-kits" other suspension "mods"seem especially prone to this failing)...

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Larry Bouissey
      I have a 2015 Kymco 450 UXV with a moose plow on it. My problem is that the plow frame at the push plate drags on the ground. I have already moved all 4 shocks to the lower holes on the frame. But it still drags. I’d like another 2-3 inches. I cannot find an aftermarket lift kit. Any suggestions?
      thanks for any help.
    • By Ryan Knuth
      My dominator will not start. I have checked and charged the battery. It runs all the lights at full brightness and all other electrical systems perfectly well (e.g. winch).  When I attempted to start the UTV, I hear a clicking noise underneath the battery but no other sound. 
      My guess is that either the break or gear "start" solenoid is stuck. I noticed that the UTV will only start when the break is pressed and it is in park. If the solenoid that triggers either of these is stuck, that would explain no starting. Or, the starter is dead?
      Any thoughts?
    • By MuleRider
      Hi there...
      Amateur here.......in process of finalizing a purchase of a 2021 Kawasaki Mule PRO-FXT Ranch Edition.  We have 60 acres of well suited land for riding and are finally pulling the trigger on a side by side.  After some research and test driving we settled on the Mule PRO-FXT.  We plan to make the purchase now and then likely add a snow plow next fall (though we're not certain of this).  Due to the color (that my wife wants) and the features, it makes more sense for us to get the Ranch version than the LE.  That said, the winch that comes with the Ranch edition apparently doesn't accommodate a synthetic cable which is what they recommend for use with a snow plow.  So......I would have to buy a 2nd winch kit to replace the existing.  
      I'm disappointed they can't work something out with me to swap them out rather than me buying another one but that is where I find myself.   I need to buy it from this dealer (long story that is not interesting.....but this is the only option I have).   The quote for the new winch kit is $710 + $147 for labor.
      In any event, I'm looking for any thoughts more experienced people might have.  My tentative plan is just to leave the original winch on until next fall, then swap them out when I confirm I want to add a snow plow.  Or should I consider removing the original winch while it is brand new and try to sell it on the secondary market?   Would it be difficult to sell?
      I would also appreciate any recommendations on the plow itself.  Does it make sense getting it through the dealer or are there other types/brands you would recommend?  One thing I found slightly confusing is that the dealer said the Ranch winch doesn't come with a remote switch.....you have to use the switch on the dash.  But maybe that is only with the original winch.  I would think having a remote hand held switch would be advantageous when moving snow.
      Hope these aren't silly questions.   I really appreciate any insights you can provide.

• By M C
      Hey guys pulling the tranny right now to fix a bent shift fork and leaking seals. Noticed my driver side rear axle pulling apart when I removed it. CV joint is busted, I have not opened the boot to see whats happened yet but wanted to know if anyone knows if a domestic axle that will work or can we rebuild those CVs?
    • By johnpeter
      2016 Yamaha YXZ1000R (Yellow/Black) On Ebay
      https://www.ebay.com/itm/2016-Yamaha-YXZ1000R-Yellow-Black/133660832928?

• Similar Tagged Content

• By davegood
      Mule Pro FX manual specifies 87 octane gas for the MulePro FX. In the non-mountain states that is "regular" gas. However, in mountain states "regular" gas is 85 octane. Was this an oversight in the manual, or is 87 actually the minimum octane required (this would require "midgrade" gas in mountain states. My Ford 350 V10 vortex requires 87 octane so it is strange that a utv would require the same.
      I am still in the "shopping mode" for a utv so the answer to this question will help me decide on brand. Thanks.