Quantcast

2018 Textron Stampede 4 Engine quit and will not start.

What a wonderful service manual--I need to send it to Hisun and Coleman so they can see what one is supposed to look like!

In reviewing the wiring diagrams I see that he injectors, Lambda (O₂) sensor and ignition coils share a common power feed from terminal C6 on the main harness (this is good news as it links directly to the DTCs):

StampedeWiring-00.thumb.jpg.3da09c0953490e81150aafbdaf675255.jpg

On the wiring harness it looks like this--with SP1 (SP=splice???) being a common connection point:
StampedeWiring-01.thumb.jpg.58f89bc263e8e307d9f8afa97c800e5e.jpg

They also provide this splendid illustration of where all this stuff is located (though the O₂ sensor does not seem to be shown)

StampedeWiring-02.thumb.jpg.dade79ded10ed497ad1fca965f51167a.jpg

Before hauling it 100 miles check that main harness connector, and the  connectors at he injectors and coils  to make certain they're not corroded or otherwise fouled. Check all ground connections as well--check the O₂ senor connector as well as it is quite possibly located is a place that can collect all sorts of crap.

Also, the usual suspects, battery connections, voltage

While cranking [at the terminals, not he battery posts], , etc. It may be coincidence that all three reported "low voltage" at the same time but I'd look for a common wiring problem.

-cliff-

• Like 1

Cliff, thank you so very much for taking the time to show me some possibilities that could be the cause my issue.  I will do my best to sort it out with your most welcome help. I have checked the main grounds and connections to frame grounding and they are all tight and seem to be in good condition.  I will certainly take your advice and do my best to check things out.  Thanks again Cliff, I really appreciate your help! Paul

2 hours ago, ChopperPilot01 said:

Cliff, thank you so very much for taking the time to show me some possibilities that could be the cause my issue.  I will do my best to sort it out with your most welcome help. I have checked the main grounds and connections to frame grounding and they are all tight and seem to be in good condition.  I will certainly take your advice and do my best to check things out.  Thanks again Cliff, I really appreciate your help! Paul

You are quite welcome--let out a yell if you have any questions, or just want to bounce around some ideas. I don't believe the O₂ sensor issue would prevent the engine from starting.  Try unplugging it, if it's heater is drawing too much power and dragging that circuit down disconnecting it "might" allow the engine to start--worth a try, if it starts you know which part to buy...

-cliff-

Thank you for another most welcome suggestion Cliff.  I hope to check all of your suggestions this weekend.  I have looked around the engine compartment and it is pretty tight with all wiring covered, so I hope I can find the connections........ I will post what I find or cannot find.  Thanks again for taking time to help me out... 

Paul

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Cliff, I wanted to say thanks again for taking time to help me out.  I had to take it to a local ATV shop and hope for the best.  They figured it out!  It was a bad cam sensor and it caused several other codes to be displayed as well.  The common error was the cam sensor.  I ordered one through Country Cat (a great source for many makes and they are helpful as well) and had the part it 2 days and all is good for now....  Thanks again Cliff .   Paul