Quantcast

2016 Massimo MSU500 Location of the Central Relay Junction Fuse Box.

res2fr

Hello All,

I know this sounds strange but I've had most of this machine apart and putting back together again and I have NOT found the fuse box. Every Manual that I have access to says to Open the hood, take the top off the battery box and you'll find the fuse box. It's Not there in fact I Cant even find the three Connecters that would be used from the wiring harness. At least looking for what is listed as the correct Replacement part for this. Hoping that someone can make me feel Old and Feeble by coming up with some simple spot that I Swear I've already looked at but just did not see the Box.

Thank you all for even looking at this and maybe getting a small Chuckle.

Robert

Hello Travis,

Sorry I've been tied up and just got back to checking out my machine, following what you mentioned. I can't say that your idea alone lead to the answer but it got me in looking, Focused on just this task and not fitting it in among a bunch of other tasks. You got me in the right place and I took a closer look at a unit under the hood, near the battery box that someone before me had tagged as a CDI box. Why I read that tag and let it go at that I will Never understand, but I did just that. This time I looked at the Unit and notice the 4 screw holding a cover on the box, which cover the FUSES. Talk about feeling like a fool. Making myself try to focus on ONE issue at a time.  Now I'll go back and Focus on my problem with the EFI system, No fuel to the engine.

I Thank you for taking the time and responding to my posting because you did help me get this settled.

Again thank you and have a good night,

Robert

As far as your EFI issue, these machines are meant to run on 93 premium fuel that is ethanol free, most owners don’t realize it or don’t want to pay the higher costs. Then they let the unit sit for an extended period, most times I find the fuel injectors actually rusted. Best bet is change the injectors and run premium fuel. 

65B72D84-3E5B-4F5F-AA1F-9AF0A0D53EE2.jpeg

Hello,

I apologize for taking a while to get back to you, Fall projects have kept me away from my SxS project. I thank you for the heads up about the fuel, I had been made aware of this by another person. I got this as a basket case so the type of fuels not been an issue so far. I have tested and the injector power supply and that is ok but testing for any fuel output shows No fuel comes out as either a spray or stream. I have replaced the injector and the ECM module and not having any Diagnostic equipment beyond a Volt meter I am about to replace the O2 unit as this is listed as one of many possible failure points for the EFI system. I'll post if I start to make any gains in this project. 

Thanks again for your input on this, 

Robert

On 8/27/2021 at 7:59 PM, res2fr said:

Hello All,

I know this sounds strange but I've had most of this machine apart and putting back together again and I have NOT found the fuse box. Every Manual that I have access to says to Open the hood, take the top off the battery box and you'll find the fuse box. It's Not there in fact I Cant even find the three Connecters that would be used from the wiring harness. At least looking for what is listed as the correct Replacement part for this. Hoping that someone can make me feel Old and Feeble by coming up with some simple spot that I Swear I've already looked at but just did not see the Box.

Thank you all for even looking at this and maybe getting a small Chuckle.

Robert

The Fuse box has been located, it's right there under the hood.. My Bad.

• Like 1