Quantcast

2007 XP700 Polaris Ranger No Start

Sling Shot

• Alex changed the title to 2007 XP700 Polaris Ranger No Start

Engine's need Spark (at the right time),Fuel and compression to start.....

so i'd start by spraying starting fluid or flammable brake parts cleaner straight into the carburetor (or remove the spark plug and give it a burst or two in the plug hole) and try to start it. if it runs and dies, you have a fuel delivery issue. if it doesn't fire on starting fluid, i'd suspect no spark, and then check for spark, first at the end of the end of the spark plug by grounding the electrode to the engine block/metal. if no spark that way, get a screwdriver and stick into the plug wire  and touch the screwdriver to metal on the engine, and see if you get a spark jumping around,

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By malenurse13
      We just bought a used 2017 American Landmaster TW450. No hour meter that I can find, so not sure exactly how much it has been used. 
      The first 2 days we had it, the starter was a little sketchy, but it started after 2-3 tries. Sometimes when turning the key, we would hear a loud metal "clink" sound. Like the starter made contact, but didn't have enough power to turn. 
      THIS MORNING... Turning the key, we hear a single click sound. That's it. Even with a new battery, the starter is still doing the same thing. Both batteries (old and new) were reading 12.8 volts on volt meter. So I'm wondering what else could be going on? Any ideas on what to look for would be greatly appreciated...
      Thank you!
    • By DJ Brusenski
      checked all the fuses and relays, I can jump start it with the key in the on position. it will not key start need some help, thanks
    • By Dave N.
      2020 Massimo Buck 400 - Won't start. Can hear the starter spinning, but motor never turns. Relay? Starter? Worked fine one day and not the next. Thanks for any help you can provide.
    • By Felderlostnspace
      2016, Hisun 500 turns over great but Spark plug is firing when I turn the ignition key on. I’ve got good fuel pressure to the injector. Pulled plug out and it is wet with. gasoline. Air filter is clean. Turns over great just does not even try to pop or start.. I’ve checked off uses and they are good when I turn the key on I’m getting power to the injector.. I’m not hearing the injector pulsing, but may just be my hearing.. With the spark plug getting wet with gas I feel like the injector is pulsing and spraying. Any suggestions would be great. I don’t know the hours on the unit offhand, but it has 600 miles on it. Thank you for your comments and advanced.
    • By Rusty Beavers
      I'm working on a Coleman UTV 400 that has a rough idle, owner has had it for about a year. When I say it has a rough idle, it doesn't have the continuous smooth running sound. At times you can hear it kinda skip, sputter, or like the RPM has fallen (RPM stay constant according to the gauge) It's not as bad as it was after I replaced the fuel filter and fuel injector (both are Chiki) not sure if that is a quality brand at this point. Checked the spark plug, it was a little foul, but not too bad. (Since the engine is still idling bad I'm going to replace that) Cleaned the throttle body making sure the carbon and soot has been removed, and the air-filter has been cleaned. New fuel is being used so it's not old or been standing. They did tell me that they were using non-ethanol fuel, not sure if that would be causing the issue. Next two things I can think of that maybe the issue is the O2 sensor or the valves need adjusting.
      Thoughts and suggestions? Thanks in advance.