Quantcast

Seat belt by-pass switch

I've just pulled the passenger side clip over and pushed it into the driver's seatbelt fastener. I rarely have a passenger, so it's not much of a problem for them. Alternatively you can buy a bare clip that slots into the fastener and fools it into thinking the seatbelt's fastened.

Not wearing the seatbelt is obviously done at your own risk! Here in the UK it's technically breaking the law to do so on while driving the vehicle on the public road.

You can either get a buckle end to plug in or rewire it to bypass.

There is a 3d printing file for the buckle end in the files section if you have a 3d printer. I did see a thread on either the hisun or coleman forum that someone found a comparable buckle end you could buy for a few dollars on amazon (do a search, it was older).

The other option is to disconnect the connector under the seat, and connect the two wires in the plug together, which will fool ecu into thinking the belt is always buckled.

1 minute ago, Don W said:

I can’t imagine not wearing the seatbelt the way I drive

Mine is the Sector E1 electric, which isn't particularly fast and struggles on hills. I use it as a farm vehicle for checking livestock and carting feed, for which is serves admirably (the Highland cows also like to use it as a scratching post). The seatbelt alarm is a pain when you've opened a gate and are driving through it before stopping, climbing out and closing it behind you. I quite agree that for any spirited driving the seatbelt is your friend.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Osney said:

Mine is the Sector E1 electric, which isn't particularly fast and struggles on hills. I use it as a farm vehicle for checking livestock and carting feed, for which is serves admirably (the Highland cows also like to use it as a scratching post). The seatbelt alarm is a pain when you've opened a gate and are driving through it before stopping, climbing out and closing it behind you. I quite agree that for any spirited driving the seatbelt is your friend.

Here is what I was going to use on Polaris but didn’t purchase. I don’t know if this would work on Hisun or if the plug any is like Polaris. Don’t know where to plug it in if is

E25AFE09-D70D-4070-9170-5CEDD830782A.png

Something like that will work i you can find the right size plug. They are litterally just a matching plug with a wire that runs between the two terminal also. You could do the same thing with a straightened paperclip and some electrical tape if you want.

The plug is under where the seat belt female part is, you can see the wires running down into the seat gap. Flip up the bed and follow the wires coming down from it.

11 hours ago, aefron88 said:

Something like that will work i you can find the right size plug. They are litterally just a matching plug with a wire that runs between the two terminal also. You could do the same thing with a straightened paperclip and some electrical tape if you want.

The plug is under where the seat belt female part is, you can see the wires running down into the seat gap. Flip up the bed and follow the wires coming down from it.

Okay, I’ll look for it and see what the plug looks like, thanks! Have another issue with drain plug leaking from day one when purchased but will open up another thread to discuss

6 minutes ago, TapBoss said:

Racking my brain to remember who posted the clip they found on Amazon.  It was one of the guys that's been around for awhile but he hasn't been on very much the past few months.  I believe he had a Coleman (made by Hisun) so it's probably in that forum, or maybe general discussion.

That would be awesome if he would chime in for sure. I know everyone has a concern about wearing seatbelts and I do in car and truck. This machine is basically for running around the neighborhood on asphalt. This will never see off road or jumping hills etc. I bought it due to gas power golf cart doesn’t have enough a$$ to go up and down the mountain hills where we live in Georgia mountains. Thanks for chiming in on this topic.

If anyone knows of the correct clip to purchase, please let me know. I don’t want to cut wires or scotch lock connect perfectly good wiring. It will cause problems down the road.

On 8/10/2022 at 8:22 AM, Roadstar515 said:

So do you think this will work? I guess it’s cheap enough to try

Just latched up with new seat belt (let’s call it a key), and it fits just like seat belt lock. Just fyi, you only need drivers side to deactivate system cause passenger side is a different size and not needed.

thanks again for the lead on this