Quantcast

Smoky exhaust

Kinarfi

My Trooperf has been sitting for a while and the other day when I started it, it smoked a lot, then today when I drove it around for a while, it quit smoking completely.

Any body else noticed this? Any ideas?

Kinarfi

Trooper smoking! I knew you just installed the muffler I brought up to you. That got me thinking, Oh darn, I knew I would forget to take out that bag of weed I smuggled in, inside your muffler. Did you say that Linda said that was her funnest ride yet. Hummm, you have any thoughts as to why that was.

Lenny

Yes they do have valve guide seals, you can tell when they are out by going down hill with your foot off the throttle, or when you have alot of vacum, when you step back on the throotle it will smoke untill it cleans out. Maybe you are lucky and your crank case valve (pvc valve) stuck and was letting the intake pull oil out of the crank case.

Took it out for a ride and when I got back and ever since, no smoke, must of been that stuff Lenny left inside, must have been two bags in there and I missed one of them. :lol::P:blink: Or maybe it was all that sitting and only occasional runnings for short times. Naaaa it was Lenny!!!!!!

Maybe the Harley it came off of left it full of oil. Who knows?

Kinarfi

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By REDfletching
      Spent today at a Honda dealership looking at their 520 side by side, then on the way home past our Lowes noticed they had several new UTVs on site, so we U-turned and ducked in there. We were impressed that all that came for $9,999 metal whole length skid plate, nice sized bed, roof, windshield, side mirrors, winch, upgrade looking tires… all of which would have added thousands of dollars to an already expensive Honda 520. Now Honda does have a great reputation from my trusted UTV experienced buddy, so it has that going for it.
    • By Bassarino51
      My 2014 Odes with less than 1000 miles suddenly won’t turn over with a fully charged battery.
    • By didgeridoo
      Hello, All!  I've decided to replace the traction batteries in my 2018 Sector E1 with a 48V Lithium set. They may be expensive, but I figure the Discovery Dry Cell are, too. I am not looking for the max driving range, as I have never received near the brochured range to begin with, but a good mix of charge/ get work done/ charge is what I am expecting.
      I have settled on the 48V EAGL kit from bigbattery dot com. Each battery pack provides 30Ah. The kit ships with a charger, as well. The packs would be physically connected in parallel (using a busbar) to one another, maintaining the 48V voltage, but together would be able to provide the amp draw the buggy pulls when going up hill or towing a rake (rated 320 max continuous Amps). This is in comparison to the serial connection the eight 6V lead batteries. Each of the EAGL batteries looks to have its own BMS; am I correct in thinking I will have to use their included charger rather than (simply) changing the onboard charger to lithium mode? The chemistry of the pack is LiFe PO4, for what it's worth.  I haven't torn anything apart yet (to diagram), so  I am not sure how the dash will interpret the AMP draw, but the kit I am looking at includes a dash mounted charge indicator.
      If anyone has completed a similar conversion, do you have any tips? Specifically, how did you remove the original batteries, and how did you secure the new ones? I am guessing that almost any change from the stock batteries would involve at least some modifications. Any tips would be appreciated, especially things I may have failed to consider. Thanks!
    • By Wandering Bison
      Hey everyone,

I am looking for people who enjoy remote adventures to test a new service I have launched, I thought I'd reach out to the community here.

Almost three years ago, my travels took me to Cape Scott Provincial Park, at the northern end of Vancouver Island,  a remote area on the shores of the Pacific Ocean, where I spent a week. While there, I realized I would have had no way of getting notified of a distant earthquake and the resulting tsunami. My Garmin inReach would have allowed me to call for help in an emergency or to get a current forecast, but it couldn't alert me in the case of an immediate risk. Imagine a similar situation in an area at risk from flash flooding, forest fires or a tornado. When I got back to civilization, I tried to find a solution. Surprisingly, no one offered a notification solution using a satellite device like inReach!

So, I founded a company called Adiona Alert to provide the service I needed but couldn't find. 

After more than two years of work, including testing the service over the last six months throughout North America and issuing over 2000 safety alerts, including severe weather, to our small fleet of test devices, we are beginning to invite people to join our Early Access program so they can start using the service today for free! 

Given where your adventures likely take you, this community would be perfect to test the service.

As we slowly add small groups of users, It would be great if some of you would apply for our Early Access program. You would get these potentially live-saving alerts for free. All I ask in return is to share your thoughts, suggestions, and even complaints with my team to improve the solution.

I would love you to visit our website - AdionaAlert.com, to learn more and apply for our Early Access program.

Thanks for considering this, and let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

J.S.
    • By djl
      Hi All!  I thought that the drive system was making a bit more noise than I expected so I secured the belt drive cover aside and ran up the rpms in neutral to check for bearing noise, etc.  There wasn't any noise but I did notice that the primary sheave did not close as far as I expected, the belt only came within ~3/4" from the top of the sheave.  See video link below (I was unable to upload it directly).  I ran the RPMs up 5,000 (manual indicates that this is max for this engine).  Is this expected behavior or should I remove the primary sheave and check roller diameters, clean & re-grease everything?  I will be traveling with newer machines so want to be sure that I can travel as fast as this machine is capable.  🙂 Thanks in advance!
      https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/qof63w1kohal8wzmikfpt/IMG_0234.MOV?rlkey=j4h8ejm0ogjvlluyy5olagvrn&dl=0