Quantcast

A CASE FOR LIMIT STRAPS

Gumball

Hi Trooper troopers,

When making some temporary "limit straps" to keep the rear suspension from topping out, I ran into an "awe sh--".

This is the result of topping out and luckily for me I saw it before the rear shock mount went completely away. I'd suggest you jack up the rear end of your car to see if you have any cracks. Then as Lenny suggested install some limit straps.

Gumball

post-221-1250796954_thumb.jpg

The existing trailing arms can be modified to be more then strong enough even for the toughest conditions and biggest hits. There is a past thread that covers most of the fixes. http://www.utvboard.com/Rear-wheel-misalignment-i-t1034.html There are two things not mentioned in this thread, The ends of the swing arms must be reinforced where they change to the two sleeves that form their pivot point. Also for maximum torsion strength the lower shock mount should be mounted farther to the side closer to the wheel. I moved mine to the side and the torsion stress on the swing arm is now 2/3 of what it was. Thanks to Rocmoc for this good idea.

Lenny

Yeah, pics & prices of the trailing arms!

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

Hi silverbulletmotorsports.net the price is 548.00 for stock arms.No bushings

Ours are all chromoly with 3/4 chromoly himes.We charge 845.00 for both sides

With the himes you can adjust to fit joyner even if the mounting points are not square

we give you h/d bolts

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.