Quantcast

Blaze379

Second Battery

I am installing a second battery in my 07 Prowler. How do I wire it up so the stereo doesn't drain the main battery, but the second battery can still charge

If you run the batteries in series, it will drain from both. You need to split the connection from the alt/charge at the source and run seperate positive and negative wires.

Ok, it's awhile. New update, installed two large dry cell batteries under the seat. One for the stereo and the other is the engine battery. Installed a relay between then so when the engine is running both batteries charge. I also replaced the stock starter with one from the xtx 1000. Much better torque.

Yes, you must have a battery isolator so that one battery, if it develops an internal short or a bad cell, it won't draw down the only good battery you have left.  If I were to add a 2nd battery (which I am considering), it would be a deep cycle battery specifically for the winch.  Buy a commercial one rated for your expected load.  Easier to install.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By T-boss 410
      First, understand that my T-boss 410 doesn't move very often, since I don't yet have a trailer and no trails nearby. So I occasionally go out and start it, let it idle, and take a ride around my property. This time, the battery was all but dead, so I put it on a charger. It showed a full charge after a few hours, so I reinstalled it in the UTV, and attempted to start it again. It acted as though it was almost dead, as before. I hooked up the charger and jump started it, which took several tries. It's the stock battery, but the unit only has 14.5 hours on it. I purchased it in an auction on Ebay back in December of last year. It was a floor model. Everything seems in good working order. Could I have a bad cell in the battery? How can I test for that?
      Thanks!
    • By petejank
      Anyone know of an aftermarket shock that fits a Arctic Cat Prowler 2006 650 H1 4x4?
      The direct replacement isn't currently available and costs $170.00  ea.
    • By Osney
      I have a HiSun Vector E1 (as they're called here in the UK) and have been running it for about a year now. It has an annoying problem that my dealer has not yet managed to fix.
      On a full charge, at the start of the day, it works fine - albeit not the quickest machine in the world. I use it on my hill farm here in Scotland, and it has to climb a bit, although nothing that would leave you out of breath walking. The E1 copes with these hills no problem, until it's done about four or five miles, then it starts to struggle noticeably, and throws of the 4C53 error on the dashboard readout - low voltage according to the manual. Sometimes it does this even while the charge level indicator is showing a full charge.
      It's been back to the dealers twice now, and they've replaced all of the batteries. I've emailed the UK distributor for HiSun in the hope of an answer, but as yet have had no response. My dealer is trying to get an answer from them too, before taking the machine back to try and fix it again. Meantime I can only use it for a short while each day.
      I'm no electrician, so has anyone on here any idea what might be going on? It seems that it is struggling to draw enough power from the battery pack going uphill, leading to a voltage drop that trips the error code. But if that's the case, then the E1 is surely not fit for purpose.
    • By Lucas Lenartowicz
      I have oil dripping off the the tube that drains the air box. I have checked the inside of the air box on a few occasions and there is never any fresh oil. So I don't know if the oil is there from any previous leaks/spills or if there is sometime i am missing. Also it is missing the oil/air separator but I checked the end of the crankcase breather tube and it is dry, even when running.
      Any help appreciated
      Lucas
    • By paraord
      Hi all, I am looking at putting in a dual battery setup to my 2015 Mule 4010. Anyone put one of these in before? Most of the research has pointed me to the True Am kit. Didnt know if anyone had done this or had a battery strap down tray they recommend or anything.  Between the Winch and the Stereo...and upcoming lights I want to be able to make sure it always starts.

Thanks in advance,
      -Andrew