Quantcast

Blaze379

Second Battery

I am installing a second battery in my 07 Prowler. How do I wire it up so the stereo doesn't drain the main battery, but the second battery can still charge

If you run the batteries in series, it will drain from both. You need to split the connection from the alt/charge at the source and run seperate positive and negative wires.

Ok, it's awhile. New update, installed two large dry cell batteries under the seat. One for the stereo and the other is the engine battery. Installed a relay between then so when the engine is running both batteries charge. I also replaced the stock starter with one from the xtx 1000. Much better torque.

Yes, you must have a battery isolator so that one battery, if it develops an internal short or a bad cell, it won't draw down the only good battery you have left.  If I were to add a 2nd battery (which I am considering), it would be a deep cycle battery specifically for the winch.  Buy a commercial one rated for your expected load.  Easier to install.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Akovia
      Our new Sector E1 electric has 45 miles on the odo.  It frequently goes into shutdown mode after a few minutes of putzing around the farm. Instrument panel gives a flashing message “45C”. I presume that this means the batteries are overheated. The temperature indicator is maxxed. No stunt driving involved, just the grandkids bumping along in low range across the pasture. Of course, the owners manual does not reference this condition. We park it for a while and it returns to normal; at least until the next overheat. Has anyone else been bothered by this?
    • By deep woods goat hunter
      I just bought a 2019 Prowler Pro XT, i am installing street legal kit, roof, windshield, back windshield and 2” lift kit. 
      I am searching for recommendations on a sound bar that will fit to this unit well. 
      Open to other accessories i should look into. This Vehicle will be used for farm chores and family cruising around town and what not.

thanks

• By bbbv4711
      New here and have a question.
      I have a 2009 Arctic Cat Prowler 1000, I am wondering if other year engines will work on the 09? Looking at part numbers the engine has the same part number for 09 and 10, then 11 to I believe 15 have a different part number.  When looking at rebuilt engines some one stated  that theirs would fit Prowler 1000 09-15. So I thought I would ask.    Thanks in advance
    • By Thomas Mohr
      I would like to replace the stock battery on my 2007 Mule 3010 with a larger battery. I am wondering if any other electrical system modifications are necessary? Will the stock charging system supply enough current to keep the battery charged? The only accessories I have added are a KFI winch and a Cycle Country power bed lift.
    • By Doc Holland
      I noticed the battery post was melted when the pug wouldn't start... With the pug off, just placing the cable back onto the battery creates tremendous Heat with in 5 seconds or so... I had just taken off all the connections and clean them with a wire brush just a few months back...Including battery cables and wires for the starter solenoid. 
      Could this only be a short or bad connection or is there something else?..could the cells of the battery be doing this or maybe the rectifier/regulator? The rectifier from visual inspection doesn't seem to be melted or discolored!