Quantcast

Blaze379

Second Battery

If you run the batteries in series, it will drain from both. You need to split the connection from the alt/charge at the source and run seperate positive and negative wires.

Ok, it's awhile. New update, installed two large dry cell batteries under the seat. One for the stereo and the other is the engine battery. Installed a relay between then so when the engine is running both batteries charge. I also replaced the stock starter with one from the xtx 1000. Much better torque.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• Pug battery post melted

I noticed the battery post was melted when the pug wouldn't start... With the pug off, just placing the cable back onto the battery creates tremendous Heat with in 5 seconds or so... I had just taken off all the connections and clean them with a wire brush just a few months back...Including battery cables and wires for the starter solenoid.  Could this only be a short or bad connection or is there something else?..could the cells of the battery be doing this or maybe the rectifier/regulator? The rectifier from visual inspection doesn't seem to be melted or discolored!

By Doc Holland, in UTV General Discussion

• 0 replies
    • Tired of battery woes....

After replacing the cigar box sized battery in my Mule for two years in a row (at a cost of about $80 per trip), I decided to mount a deep cycle group 24 behind the front seat. Bought a sturdy battery holder, a couple of 32" cables and voila!....no more battery blues I usually get about three years out of one of these.  Also installed a 2 amp trickle charger. Me so happy.

By reeltexan, in Kawasaki UTV SxS Forum

• 2 replies
    • battery replacement Q link 500

How do I remove the old battery so that I can replace it .? without taking to dealer and pay a small fortune . on my Q link 500 / 

By Harold G. Bender, in UTV General Discussion

• 0 replies
    • Doesn't want to start

My 2013 500 will only start if I floor the gas pedal and then once it starts I have to pump the gas until it warms up a little it sounds horrible until it warms up.(around 20 seconds)and then it will stay running. The exhaust smells like raw gas for a little while. The throttle body has been changed. Someone suggested the mass air flow sensor could be the problem ( is that the MAP). It has been to 2 different shops with it not being fixed. I haven't been able to ride it since last fall.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

By Rwpjtk, in Hisun UTV SxS Forum

• 17 replies