Quantcast

snowbird

New to forum

I am new to this forum. I too am a trooper owner and have one of the first ones off the line. I have spend more time working on my buggy then driving it. I have done many changes too, most are the same problems as the rest of the trooper owners. One of my main complains is that the dealer I purchased my trooper at does not give me any support. I'll ask about a problem and he more or less tells me that no one else is having the problems, but when I go to Joyner they give me the part for free to repair my trooper. My trooper only has 2300 miles on it and I have street tires on it. All my miles are on the pavement or on a good logging road. I do not drive my trooper as if I stole it. Mostly on logging roads in BC Canada. I use my trooper for hunting and site seeing. I am sure I am not the only one having heating problems while driving at a rpm over 3500 rpm. I am putting a oil cooler on it as I speak. I am now getting a lot of slack in the rear end. My front drive shaft york is very loose on the spline. I will be going to Joyner next week to see what they will do for me. They have given me replacement parts such as a rear drive shaft, all new braking system, clutch linkage , rear fenders. So far Joyner has treated me pretty decent. We will see what happens. I,ll let you know. snowbird

Welcome, glad to see you made it over from ridinAZ. They didn't give me the fenders but got everything else. When I was doing the engine pull I had a chance to look really close at the radiator. IMHO, the tubes are too close and fins are too small to be a truly effective radiator and it is HEAVY. Replacement is on my future upgrade list.

Do search of Joyner on this site, there has been a bunch of post around the cooling system.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

I am new to this forum. I too am a trooper owner and have one of the first ones off the line. I have spend more time working on my buggy then driving it. I have done many changes too, most are the same problems as the rest of the trooper owners. One of my main complains is that the dealer I purchased my trooper at does not give me any support. I'll ask about a problem and he more or less tells me that no one else is having the problems, but when I go to Joyner they give me the part for free to repair my trooper. My trooper only has 2300 miles on it and I have street tires on it. All my miles are on the pavement or on a good logging road. I do not drive my trooper as if I stole it. Mostly on logging roads in BC Canada. I use my trooper for hunting and site seeing. I am sure I am not the only one having heating problems while driving at a rpm over 3500 rpm. I am putting a oil cooler on it as I speak. I am now getting a lot of slack in the rear end. My front drive shaft york is very loose on the spline. I will be going to Joyner next week to see what they will do for me. They have given me replacement parts such as a rear drive shaft, all new braking system, clutch linkage , rear fenders. So far Joyner has treated me pretty decent. We will see what happens. I,ll let you know. snowbird

new also.

Hi, tell us more, fill in profile info too, these guys"most" are really great!! lol, Just visit, make friends, bs, anything, some are really good at that!! : )

Hi Snowbird. I to am fro, BC and it seems like these Troopers were built for our area in mind, I have been having a lot of fum with it and she's been working fine, the only problem I hav had so far was it started missing after repeated soakings and after driving in approx 8 to 12 inches of snow all day my motor comparment got packed with snow and my throttle got stuck open, that was interesting, cleaned it out and finished the day.

Being winter I hav not had any heat problems yet, I have seen the pics of guys that have moved their rads up but I don't like how that looks, I am wondering if anyone has plumbed in a smaller secondary rad and had sucess in this area regarding the running hot problem.

Also I my Trooper is a 09 but still has the solenoid 4X4 shift, I am trying to figure out if the rear and front diff upgrade was done by Joyner I jacked it up with all four tires in the air and I can move any tire back and forth approx 4 to 6 inches (Free Play) does any know if this seems right or is it excessive

Thanks

BC Trooper

Hi Snowbird. I to am fro, BC and it seems like these Troopers were built for our area in mind, I have been having a lot of fum with it and she's been working fine, the only problem I hav had so far was it started missing after repeated soakings and after driving in approx 8 to 12 inches of snow all day my motor comparment got packed with snow and my throttle got stuck open, that was interesting, cleaned it out and finished the day.

Being winter I hav not had any heat problems yet, I have seen the pics of guys that have moved their rads up but I don't like how that looks, I am wondering if anyone has plumbed in a smaller secondary rad and had sucess in this area regarding the running hot problem.

Also I my Trooper is a 09 but still has the solenoid 4X4 shift, I am trying to figure out if the rear and front diff upgrade was done by Joyner I jacked it up with all four tires in the air and I can move any tire back and forth approx 4 to 6 inches (Free Play) does any know if this seems right or is it excessive

Thanks

BC Trooper

Hi what part of BC are you at. My machine is 2008 so many things were fixed for 2009. The first Joyners had two different drive shaft replacements as they had bad ujoints. I replaced my rear half shafts as I was having a lot of play back and forth and it turned out to be a bad ujoint and my crown gear was loose. They also have a rearend problem with the crown gear bolts coming loose. It is best to read all the things and you'll see the issues. I have a ton of spare parts, so if you are looking give me a call at "Removed by mod, Please send PM. Not safe to post personal info on an open forum, Sorry". or if you want to pick my brain about the Joyner give me a call. Jerry

Hi what part of BC are you at. My machine is 2008 so many things were fixed for 2009. The first Joyners had two different drive shaft replacements as they had bad ujoints. I replaced my rear half shafts as I was having a lot of play back and forth and it turned out to be a bad ujoint and my crown gear was loose. They also have a rearend problem with the crown gear bolts coming loose. It is best to read all the things and you'll see the issues. I have a ton of spare parts, so if you are looking give me a call at 250-376-7694. or if you want to pick my brain about the Joyner give me a call. Jerry

"Removed by mod. Please send a PM. Not safe to post personal info on an open forum. Sorry!"

Paul