Quantcast

Joyner Trooper T2 Steering Looseness Fix KIT Custom

Paiute3

Time's up,

Lenny makes this and sells it on ebay, I have it on my rig now as part of our EPA Steering unit (Electrical Power Assist). I tried a few other methods like shimming and Teflon between the cap and rack which worked sort of, but this thing works good! If you ever sit in front of your trooper and have some one rock the steering wheel back and forth, you'll see that the ends of the rack move up and down wheck creates a fair amount of slop in the linkage. The other problem with stock is the steel rack sliding against the aluminum cap. No amount of grease can prevent the galling the happens, Lenny's devise has a smooth steel surface for the rack to slide against. I don't have very many miles on mine yet, but I like it.

Kinarfi

Guest Lenny

Wow, we should be warned. I would not bad mouth any of Lenny's stuff. I am just frugal.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

Thanks Kinarfi and Brostar. That's OK Rocmoc, no offense taken. We're just getting too old and remember when you could get a coke at a machine for $.05. Remember, you had to move the bottle through a maze of back and forth slots to get it out. Compaired to what we paid for things back in those days it seems like everything is priced outrageous. When I was in the wrought iron business, I was 19, I was paying $6.25/100# for my !/2" square solid HR bar. That's $125 a ton mind you. About 2 years ago, I built wrought inon railings to go around my yard and the steel cost about $2200.00. I don't think I used 17.6 tons of steel to do the job. More like about a ton. Hum, I might be selling this thing too cheap.

Lenny

Guest Lenny

Lenny, did you know after you got thu the maze to the flipper, if you pulled real hard on the bottle would come out for free. 5 cents was a lot of money!

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

Why would anyone want to spend 5 cents on a coke when you could go to the hardware store and get a pound of spikes for 17 cents. For us, we would go out in the woods and work all day on out treehouse. Good thing we never finished it because the whole cabin was going to be built out of logs. It was to be perched about 30 feet up and about 12 feet out on a 7" diameter lim. I'm just amaized I didn't get killed when I was young. I'll tell you about our canoe trip across Lake Michigan another time. Being impatient we went in April. Fortunately got saved by Coast Guard. We would have died.

How did we get here from steering loosness stuff?

Lenny

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.