Quantcast

Mexico Trip, So Jazzed!

rocmoc

Where we are going is Kino Bay, Sonora, Mexico. Across the bay is an area we tried to get to last time when we were there with the Trooper. We came to a dead end and didn't make it. But the Sand was some of the lightest / softest I had ever been in. True blow sand, the Trooper sank with the stock tires sank like a rock. This time we have the big tires. WELL, I went on Google Earth and found the route. At the site where we want to go are numerous pics posted by people. Browsing thu the pics I found that the location has a Dune Field and they look like GREAT! The Google Earth coordinates are 28* 43' 38.25"N , 111* 55' 22.20"W . Take a look at the Pics. Kino Bay is just to the North of that location. We will be at the North end of the Beach in one of the two RV Parks down there. Loading the Trooper today and leaving in the morning. It is a 7 hour trip from the house but once you are in Mexico the speed limit most of the time is around 40-45mph. Will take pics, we got one of the light slim line cameras so it will be easier. We will have the laptop & wifi.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

Will give more of an updated as time goes but the bottom line is 4 out of 6 of our group came down with Montezuma's Revenge and have been down for days. I was the worst and finally had to go to the clinic for two IVs & meds. Better 3/4s just had to take meds. The Health-care in Mexico is much better than most people in the States know. It is available to everyone at very, very low cost or no cost at all if you can't pay. This includes Tourist. Luckily we all ready knew this and headed over there when I started to lose the battle completely. Our total bill for 2 IVs, 2 shots, 6 meds and doctor visit was 190 pesos, about $15. They will not take more for their service so if you can afford it as a Tourist , you make a donation. We payed 300 Pesos total, less than $24. The Doctor, a young talented lady, was trained in Guadalajara at the school our next door neighbor's son was trained. And He is in charge of Urgent Care at one of the larger hospitals in Tucson. We don't always get the straight facts from our New sources or Government as everyone has an agenda. Enough said, we are healing here and have had very little riding. Headed home early Monday. Only second time being sick in 15 years of traveling in Mexico. "Not Jazzed Anymore!"

rocmoc n Mexico/AZ

Will give more of an updated as time goes but the bottom line is 4 out of 6 of our group came down with Montezuma's Revenge and have been down for days. I was the worst and finally had to go to the clinic for two IVs & meds. Better 3/4s just had to take meds. The Health-care in Mexico is much better than most people in the States know. It is available to everyone at very, very low cost or no cost at all if you can't pay. This includes Tourist. Luckily we all ready knew this and headed over there when I started to lose the battle completely. Our total bill for 2 IVs, 2 shots, 6 meds and doctor visit was 190 pesos, about $15. They will not take more for their service so if you can afford it as a Tourist , you make a donation. We payed 300 Pesos total, less than $24. The Doctor, a young talented lady, was trained in Guadalajara at the school our next door neighbor's son was trained. And He is in charge of Urgent Care at one of the larger hospitals in Tucson. We don't always get the straight facts from our New sources or Government as everyone has an agenda. Enough said, we are healing here and have had very little riding. Headed home early Monday. Only second time being sick in 15 years of traveling in Mexico. "Not Jazzed Anymore!"

rocmoc n Mexico/AZ

rocmoc,

Really sorry to hear that,main thing is all of you are feeling better.Hope you will be able to get out this weekend and have some fun.Keep us posted especially about your health.

Good luck,

GEE, Sorry to hear that you didn't get to play. I didn't know Montezuma's Revenge was bad enough to need that much care, I thought it was just the "runs" . Must be a nastier bug than I thought it was.

Glad you're getting better.

Kinarfi

OOH, ick, just googled Montezuma's Revenge, oooh ick.

Guest Lenny

Sorry you had a rough time of it. At least it sounds like you pretty well have it behind you. Take your time going home and relax a bit. I was going to say, "have a beer on me" but that probably doesn't sound so good just yet.

Lenny

Thanks everyone. We put the Trooper in the Toyhauler today to protect it from the sun as our friends we were to ride with are still sick (didn't go to the clinic). We won't go out here without the buddy system as it is too risky so the Trooper was just setting in the sun. If something happens it could be weeks before someone found you. We have a wedding to go to tomorrow, Sunday and will return home early Monday. The riding was a bust for this trip but at least WE are feeling great again. Had a great dinner of Tortilla Soup, Grilled Bacon wrapped Cheese stuffed Shrimp & a pitch of Margarita tonight. Finally what we come down here for. GREAT people took care of us so there was a silver lining. Again thanks for thinking of us.

rocmoc n Mexico/AZ