Quantcast

QLINK FrontRunner

• 2 months later...

I do not own a Q-Link but I have a member in our group who owns one. He says it is just as good as a Rhino. But I also have a member who sold his Joyner and then bought a Q-Link. When he got it home, he was unloading it off the trailer and when he put it in reverse the gear shift lever broke right off. He took back to the dealer and got his money back and then went and bought a new Rhino. He was not happy because he had driven 160 miles one way just to buy the Q-link

Does anyone have one? What has your experience been with ours?

The problem with Qlink is that they do not own any of there design. There are about three companies that buy these UTV's from a wholesaler and put thier badge on that particular UTV.

The problem with Qlink is that they do not own any of there design. There are about three companies that buy these UTV's from a wholesaler and put thier badge on that particular UTV.

If the quality is good, is it really a problem? Actually, since three companies re-badge them it would be a benefit to the buyer in that they could chose the best re-badger or the one with the best warranty right?

If the quality is good, is it really a problem? Actually, since three companies re-badge them it would be a benefit to the buyer in that they could chose the best re-badger or the one with the best warranty right?

I would say you could answer the quality question better than anyone by owning one. The problem with being badged under a wholesaler is longevity. It is very difficult to build a brand selling someone else's machine with your name on it, when there could be one right next to yours on a showroom floor that is the exact same machine with a different label. The only way to set one apart from the other is price! Good for the consumer at first, but horrible for the industry! Cheaper and cheaper the pricepoint goes and so does the quality and reliability. A few years down the road there will be no parts, no dealers and no service for the cheap UTV's! Im not saying its not a good machine b/c I have heard they make a quality product. I just have a problem with building under a wholesaler.

I would say you could answer the quality question better than anyone by owning one. The problem with being badged under a wholesaler is longevity. It is very difficult to build a brand selling someone else's machine with your name on it, when there could be one right next to yours on a showroom floor that is the exact same machine with a different label. The only way to set one apart from the other is price! Good for the consumer at first, but horrible for the industry! Cheaper and cheaper the pricepoint goes and so does the quality and reliability. A few years down the road there will be no parts, no dealers and no service for the cheap UTV's! Im not saying its not a good machine b/c I have heard they make a quality product. I just have a problem with building under a wholesaler.

Would the warranty not be a difference as well? Before getting the FrontRunner I looked at the warranties and the QLINK is 1 yr. vs. 6 mo. for the Rhino. It was also $3k less expensive than the base Rhino. I can buy a lot of spares for $3k if I want and have them ready just in case of an emergency. I also liked that the wheels on the FrontRunner were more like what after-market would be on others.

The Kymco similarly equipped was only a 500cc and was priced $1,500 more than the 700cc I bought.

I'm just pointing out some of the reasons I chose the QLINK FrontRunner for anyone in the market and looking for options.

Happy UTV'ing!

So far I have had no problems. Starts up every time and runs like a beast!

Would the warranty not be a difference as well? Before getting the FrontRunner I looked at the warranties and the QLINK is 1 yr. vs. 6 mo. for the Rhino. It was also $3k less expensive than the base Rhino. I can buy a lot of spares for $3k if I want and have them ready just in case of an emergency. I also liked that the wheels on the FrontRunner were more like what after-market would be on others.

The Kymco similarly equipped was only a 500cc and was priced $1,500 more than the 700cc I bought.

I'm just pointing out some of the reasons I chose the QLINK FrontRunner for anyone in the market and looking for options.

Happy UTV'ing!

So far I have had no problems. Starts up every time and runs like a beast!

Just curious, but is Q-link still in business? I just heard they were done. Filed for BK and the whole nine yards!?

Just curious, but is Q-link still in business? I just heard they were done. Filed for BK and the whole nine yards!?

I hope they aren't out of business. I checked their web site a minute ago and everything looks like it's still alive and well. I really can't imagine, but anything is possible in these economic conditions.

QLINK

I hope they aren't out of business. I checked their web site a minute ago and everything looks like it's still alive and well. I really can't imagine, but anything is possible in these economic conditions.

QLINK

What motor is in your Q-link? Seeing some of these online but cant figure out who builds the motor?

• 7 months later...

QLINK

nah, we are still here and we have added a boatload of dealers in the North East last year. I am almost up to 70 dealers and most of them carry Rhino's, Can-Am etc. If you have any questions contact me please!

• 1 year later...

I have a 2008 frountrunner 700 i had nothing but problems with it. oil leaks ,starter bearing , starter, primary & secondary clutch rear end & drive shaft I just put a new piston & rings in it & now my rear seal is leaking did mention my machine has 1,170 miles. This machine was never abused , most of the time a saturday aftenoon cruise. Im in the process of selling it as soon as i fix the rear seal, my next machine will be a real rhino.....guess you get what you pay for....

nah, we are still here and we have added a boatload of dealers in the North East last year. I am almost up to 70 dealers and most of them carry Rhino's, Can-Am etc. If you have any questions contact me please!

I will say this Beers in wysox pa. helped me out over the phone with many of my issues, they are good people... M y dealer went out of business (cbx man)

• 6 months later...

Our 2010 Qlink is a piece of garbage. We have had nothing but problems with the clutch (we are on our 3rd one) and now the master cylinder is bad. The company won't even return phone calls or emails. This q link was never abused, garage kept and only used for yard work. Yes, it came with some nice extra's (winch, windshield, roof) but it's not worth it. As soon as it's fixed again there will be a 4 sale sign on it. We just bought a Polaris and it rocks!

• Like 1

Our 2010 Qlink is a piece of garbage. We have had nothing but problems with the clutch (we are on our 3rd one) and now the master cylinder is bad. The company won't even return phone calls or emails. This q link was never abused, garage kept and only used for yard work. Yes, it came with some nice extra's (winch, windshield, roof) but it's not worth it. As soon as it's fixed again there will be a 4 sale sign on it. We just bought a Polaris and it rocks!

J-U-N-K just bought a new rhino & i love it, no problems at all. Had the same encounter with qlink spoke to a girl named tamra, she dident want to know me beacuse i spoke with her weekly about that pos tthat was always broke, she made it seem like it was my fault it was broke. I have nothing good to say about them. Its going to be hard selling it, most dealers told me no way that they would take it as a trade, I ended up getting $2,000 on a trade. Good luck with your polaris. I guess the saying is true you get what you pay for....

• 9 months later...
  • 7 years later...

The various Q-Link Frontrunner models are just re-branded Hisun "HS" models, like all Hisun products they are pretty good. Some of their early (pre-2005 or so) stuff was wanting, but the later (2016+) products are pretty damned good at their price point...

"yap, yap. yap" anecdotal stories of "Chinese crap", parts quality and availability are generally meaningless to me. Years back I had a two-month old $101,000 1998 Mercedes SL500 that spent a month in the shop waiting for a convertible top controller to come from Germany--though, after a bunch of bitching, cussing and yelling the dealer  did make my payment for that month...

Resellers like Q-Link usually buy partially assembled  products from manufacturers  at a pretty slim discount (typically just 20 to 25% off MSRP) and then to be competitive resell at some lesser discount. This does not leave them much room for profit, let alone parts inventory or sterling customer support--after a few years of dwindling resources even whatever crappy customer support they had offered goes away--that's why they don't last long...

• 3 months later...
On 8/26/2012 at 6:22 PM, Go40 said:
On 1/17/2011 at 10:28 PM, dj_laugs said:

I will say this Beers in wysox pa. helped me out over the phone with many of my issues, they are good people... M y dealer went out of business (cbx man)

I have a Qlink 500 utv 2011 and my speedometer and radiator fan does not work and it show my rpm at 3000 at an idl and it not and I can only go 22 miles an hour I just put a head gasket in it if someone could help me with it please [email protected]