Quantcast

SJim

Advice for newbie - rugged work vehicle

I am in the market to purchase my first UTV and am finding it difficult to find advice. My first concerns are durability, reliability, and performance. My second concerns are suitability and whether or not I will be able to customize the vehicle to optimize it's capabilities for my needs and wants. I would like enough power to haul an occassional heavy payload without engine strain. Accesories and optional equipment would include a full hardtop, a winch, a snowplow, oversize (overwidth?) tires, A lift kit ( to increase ground clearance), and trailer hitch. I am seriously considering the Mule because of what seems to me Kawasaki's long track record. I would consider other models or brands. I think I would prefer the Diesel engine no matter what I buy.

I would really appreciate the opinions of people who have the experience to give give good advice. Please let me know what you have, what you use it for, aqny second info that you trust, etc. Thanks

• Like 1

I am in the market to purchase my first UTV and am finding it difficult to find advice. My first concerns are durability, reliability, and performance. My second concerns are suitability and whether or not I will be able to customize the vehicle to optimize it's capabilities for my needs and wants. I would like enough power to haul an occassional heavy payload without engine strain. Accesories and optional equipment would include a full hardtop, a winch, a snowplow, oversize (overwidth?) tires, A lift kit ( to increase ground clearance), and trailer hitch. I am seriously considering the Mule because of what seems to me Kawasaki's long track record. I would consider other models or brands. I think I would prefer the Diesel engine no matter what I buy.

I would really appreciate the opinions of people who have the experience to give give good advice. Please let me know what you have, what you use it for, aqny second info that you trust, etc. Thanks

I would not consider a mule for all those applications, well i might consider it if its diesel. ive had 2 and neither were diesel and i have to buy a new motor every two years and all it does is pick up golf balls and haul sand occasionally not to mention coolant issues and fuel pump problems and the centrifugal clutch issues rear bearings , to me its just not a smart buy. now with that being said with what you want to do i would consider a Club Car 1550 with intellitach diesel 4x4, ive had mine for two years and the only thing that has gone wrong is the parking brake pedal assembly is kind cheap and stripped out but thats it and its been through hell.

From what I see and have heard - the Mule is a great work vechicle . It is not going to be a performance vechicle with a 13hp engine. That being said 25 mph is fast enough to be entertaining. The best things I can see are- Good price, width allows it to fit in the back of a full size pick-up (but you better have some really heavy duty ramps), There are so many sold that parts should be available for ever. I have built Golf carts with bigger engines-but the mule is a good combination of size, power, and usuability. The newer ones look cool and the bigger tires and suspension will make it more "fun" usuable. I own acerage ( all sand) and this is perfect for work and play. Don't ride in a Razor or aTereyx first. Those type are sports SxS, and have "v" twin engines = haul @__.

From what I see and have heard - the Mule is a great work vechicle . It is not going to be a performance vechicle with a 13hp engine. That being said 25 mph is fast enough to be entertaining. The best things I can see are- Good price, width allows it to fit in the back of a full size pick-up (but you better have some really heavy duty ramps), There are so many sold that parts should be available for ever. I have built Golf carts with bigger engines-but the mule is a good combination of size, power, and usuability. The newer ones look cool and the bigger tires and suspension will make it more "fun" usuable. I own acerage ( all sand) and this is perfect for work and play. Don't ride in a Razor or aTereyx first. Those type are sports SxS, and have "v" twin engines = haul @__.

I was refering to the 600 or 610