Quantcast

Joyner cams

Jarrad

Thanks. Is there or do we have the specs on the current stock Chery cam in the 1100cc engine? I am sure they are going to ask for that info. One or both of us can contact them after the first of the year. My biggest concern will be shims, Lenny said he thought that Honda shims would work, after the cam is ground. May even have to take a Trooper to them to look at to be able to do the complete mock up.

Flatbed, where are you? I know you know this stuff much better than I do!

rocmoc n AZ

Thanks. Is there or do we have the specs on the current stock Chery cam in the 1100cc engine? I am sure they are going to ask for that info. One or both of us can contact them after the first of the year. My biggest concern will be shims, Lenny said he thought that Honda shims would work, after the cam is ground. May even have to take a Trooper to them to look at to be able to do the complete mock up.

Flatbed, where are you? I know you know this stuff much better than I do!

rocmoc n AZ

Looking at their inquire form, it appears that they don't need specs we can't get for ourselves. They need to know the bore, stroke, rod length, number of valves, number of cylinders, and valve stroke. I would be inclined to also provide them with the engine head with valves in place and a piston along with the exact height that the piston goes above the cylinder wall and also head gasket thickness. With this information they should be able to work out the rest themselves. Kinarfi, if you get your engine apart, measure the rod length pin center to pin center and make an impression of the piston top to show valve releif clearance cutouts. You probably can wrap the piston with a piece of sheep metal and pour a lead cap over the piston without hurting the piston. The melting point of lead is less then half that of the piston. The cam company would only need this information once then they could modify cams without further input. Bet it's not cheap.

Lenny

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By NicholasNWM09
      Hello Everyone,
      COOL NEW Product Alert! 
      A company called NEW Wire Marine or NEW Wire has Badass custom panels for UTV, Buggy/Hunting trucks. From Fully wired switch panels with laser etched rockers with backlights in 5 different colors, to just parts like voltmeters, phone, USB and 12 v chargers. Rockers can be printed, or custom laser etched rockers and they even have sleek labeled pushbuttons. They are a first-class company with a great knowledgeable staff and outstanding customer service. Switches are based on 12v or 24v circuits and they also have marine grade wire and connectors, which is perfect for waterproofing your system!
      Go check them out!
      Check out the websites : https://newwiremarine.com/ and https://rockerswitchpros.com

• By NicholasNWM09
      Hello Everyone, COOL NEW Product Alert! A company called NEW Wire Marine or NEW Wire has Badass custom panels for UTV, Buggy/Hunting trucks. From Fully wired switch panels with laser etched rockers with backlights in 5 different colors, to just parts like voltmeters, phone, USB and 12 v chargers. Rockers can be printed, or custom laser etched rockers and they even have sleek labeled pushbuttons. They are a first-class company with a great knowledgeable staff and outstanding customer service. Switches are based on 12v or 24v circuits and they also have marine grade wire and connectors, which is perfect for waterproofing your system! Go check them out!!!Honda - xxxx - UTV Pioneer - xx'.pdf
    • By Rick McGill
      So, here's my story. I have a 2009 Hisun 700cc UTV. Started out as a freebie but you know nothing is free. I'm no mechanic but a neighbor is very good with this stuff and he's been doing all the work. I'm just doing all the cosmetic stuff. After replacing rings, piston, gaskets and seals, water pump, etc., he found that a circlip and a roll pin that hold the oil pump shaft in, have fallen off inside the engine at some time in the past. We don't know when or how long it's been driven that way. I got it from another neighbor who only drove it around the neighborhood once in a while. Anyway, the guy working on it thinks maybe we should just scrap the engine and find a replacement. I've heard the Yamaho Rhino 660 is almost a direct fit for the Hisun 700. My question is, "how direct?" Will it drop right into the same motor mounts? Will all the connections match up? Air box? Gearing? Carb? Sensors? This one is not fuel injected. OR-- If it's easier, where could I get a Hisun engine? Thanks in advance for all your input.

• By Coleman400
      My gauge is working fine, but as it got low on gas and the gauge showed it as low, I filled it up but the gauge didn't come back up. Does it need to be restarted or anything to reset? Does it need to be driven a certain distance maybe or should it be instant?
    • By Jon Spruill
      Hey Guys, I have been chasing a stalling condition for about two weeks now. The bike will crank up and idle fine, then after about 20 seconds it will fall on its face and stall. It happens at both idle and while running at various rpms. You can turn the key off, turn it back on and it will fire right back up without trouble. I have verified spark on both cylinders with a spark tester. I have also added an inline fuel filter, and pulled the injectors to verify proper pulse on each. Things I have replaced - (relearn procedure performed after each component replaced): spark plugs, ECU, relay/fuse box, fuel pump, & throttle position sensor - all with no improvement of the condition. The only warning light I get when the condition occurs is the oil lamp. The bike only has 14 miles. I am at a loss and appreciate any help and suggestions! Thanks