Quantcast

rick

Joyner Parts Help

Help I just blew up the rear differential in my newly acquired 2008 Joyner 800 Renegade R4 seems the ring and pinion gears are toast.

The problem is I am trying without luck to locate a ring and pinion gear set so I can repair the diff.

Does anyone have a set or know where I can purchase parts new or used?

Thanks in Advance for any help you can offer

Rick

Help I just blew up the rear differential in my newly acquired 2008 Joyner 800 Renegade R4 seems the ring and pinion gears are toast.

The problem is I am trying without luck to locate a ring and pinion gear set so I can repair the diff.

Does anyone have a set or know where I can purchase parts new or used?

Thanks in Advance for any help you can offer

Rick

Have you tried JMC? The message below was posted a few days ago and dont know what if anything is accurate.Might be worth a call also if snowman cant help.

http://www.utvboard.com/topic/1979-anything-new-with-jmc/page__st__20

Have you tried JMC? The message below was posted a few days ago and dont know what if anything is accurate.Might be worth a call also if snowman cant help.

http://www.utvboard.com/topic/1979-anything-new-with-jmc/page__st__20

I called JMC they said that the ring and pinion are not available and that I would have to buy a whole new differential but they have a ring and pinion listed on their website as well as every other part for the diff. Glad I didn't order parts off their website. I cant put another $1000+ for a new differential into this buggy right now so it can sit untill I can find the parts I need or decide to scrap/part it out.

thanks anyway

Rick

The parts aren't available because THEY don't stock them. Factory would be more than happy to supply but JMC has a larger $ outlay to stock all those individual parts. Also the factory probably has packages or min # to ship, they would have to buy 10 rings & pinion as appose to one. That is what the stock looked like at the auction when the sold Joyner USA. Way too many of a single item. Can't stay in business that way. We unfortunately are the loser.

Snowman, don't sell my rear Renegade pinion I have been waiting for, LOL!

rocmoc n AZ

I understand that they have to buy min quantity's ( I run a business myself) They shouldn't advertise products they don't have or can't/unwilling get. Snowman thinks he'll have the parts I need in shortly.

I AGREE! Probably a database they picked up and don't have the $ to update or correct. Should at least place a banner or something saying not all parts maybe purchased individually, only as a complete assembly. Something like that!

rocmoc n AZ

The parts aren't available because THEY don't stock them. Factory would be more than happy to supply but JMC has a larger $ outlay to stock all those individual parts. Also the factory probably has packages or min # to ship, they would have to buy 10 rings & pinion as appose to one. That is what the stock looked like at the auction when the sold Joyner USA. Way too many of a single item. Can't stay in business that way. We unfortunately are the loser.

Snowman, don't sell my rear Renegade pinion I have been waiting for, LOL!

rocmoc n AZ

Are the diffs for the renegade and trooper the same?

The rear diffs are the same xept ring an pinion. Front renegade uses smaller output shafts for the axles

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2453348700104282158kboMvK

Here's a link to the photos I took when I had to replace my rear diff, I still have the old diff that has the Lenny upgrade, as you look through the photos, you'll see the damaged diff housing, that I think is still usable because of the direction force is applied to it. Let know if any of it might help you,

Don't know how interchangeable trooper and renegade parts are.

kinarfi

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2453348700104282158kboMvK

Here's a link to the photos I took when I had to replace my rear diff, I still have the old diff that has the Lenny upgrade, as you look through the photos, you'll see the damaged diff housing, that I think is still usable because of the direction force is applied to it. Let know if any of it might help you,

Don't know how interchangeable trooper and renegade parts are.

kinarfi

The Pinion gear for the Renegade has 14 teeth and the ring gear 32 if it is the same I sure could use them, let me know.

Thanks

Rick

The trooper is 15 pinion and 32 ring. Both ring gears are identical

Edit by Kinarfi -- Thanks, I was just about to try to look that up.

#7 QR512-1701611 R2 800 Driven gear of speed reducer 1 242.46

#7 QR512-1701611 Trooper Driven gear of speed reducer 1 227.29

#22 UV1100-2022 Trooper PINION GEAR 1 108.67

#9 UV1100-2023 Trooper RING GEAR 1 181.53

#2 UV800-1022-00 R2 800 PINION GEAR ASSEMBLY 1 108.67

#10 UV800-1023 R2 800 RING GEAR 1 181.53

copied from http://www.jmcmotors.us/

The Pinion gear for the Renegade has 14 teeth and the ring gear 32 if it is the same I sure could use them, let me know.

Thanks

Rick

Can you post some photos of the damaged goods?

Can you post some photos of the damaged goods?

I'll post some pics when I get down to the shop tomorrow after my day job

Day jobs done ... Here's some pics of the carnage The pinion gear took the most damage but the ring gear got a bit of damage too

post-813-059845600 1294352638_thumb.jpg

Just heard on the weather its gonna snow up here this weekend sucks my machine is down it would have been fun.

Rick

post-813-092804100 1294352624_thumb.jpg

post-813-082791400 1294352649_thumb.jpg