Quantcast

Toy haulers

Mopartist

Oh; I'm a die hard Joyner Trooper guy. The only Polaris I would buy is a Pro RMK snowmobile. I believe with the right tweaks; our Troopers can outperform anything out there! I would love to smoke a 900 Polaris for breakfast. The only thing they have going for them is their power to weight ratio. I think that can be taken care of . Plus they have such a narrow stance (comparitively speaking of coarse) ......I know.........pipe dreams. :D

Is this "get together" still going to happen? I might be able to make it if it's around the end of June. We're still trying to figure out if we're buying a used motorhome; or getting a Toyhauler instead. (Much cheaper to get a toy hauler) Anyways; i've found some camping/riding areas in Eastern Oregon I'm going to check out at the end of May or first week of June. I have a feeling I'll be pumped up to go to Utah after that! ;)

Mopartist,

If interested, we have decided to sale our Toyhauler, '06 Keystone Raptor 3612DS with MANY upgrades. Why, we have decided to get a diesel pusher as we do at least half of our traveling in Mexico, where the diesel is about $2.60, and without the Trooper. I have another trailer I can use for the Trooper behind the DP when necessary.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

Mopartist,

If interested, we have decided to sale our Toyhauler, '06 Keystone Raptor 3612DS with MANY upgrades. Why, we have decided to get a diesel pusher as we do at least half of our traveling in Mexico, where the diesel is about $2.60, and without the Trooper. I have another trailer I can use for the Trooper behind the DP when necessary.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

Good time to pick up a DP.I thought about selling my Gasser to finnally get a DP about four months ago and couldnt believe how the prices have dropped.Of course they have also dropped on my gasser so I wouldnt be able to get much for it to purchase the DP. BUMMER..

We had already made the decision because our next trip to Mexico is going down to Mexico's southern border and we are too large for the roads & getting thu the little towns. We have to get down to no longer than a total length of around 35 feet. My pickup is 20 feet by it's self so when you add a trailer to it we can't make the turns and will be stuck. Other than that we would keep it as it has been great for traveling. With the garage in the rear we never worry about buying something for the house and bring it home. We bought the chandelier for the house while on the road, got a deal, and was able to bring it home.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

We had already made the decision because our next trip to Mexico is going down to Mexico's southern border and we are too large for the roads & getting thu the little towns. We have to get down to no longer than a total length of around 35 feet. My pickup is 20 feet by it's self so when you add a trailer to it we can't make the turns and will be stuck. Other than that we would keep it as it has been great for traveling. With the garage in the rear we never worry about buying something for the house and bring it home. We bought the chandelier for the house while on the road, got a deal, and was able to bring it home.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

By keeping total length to 35' you wont be able to tow anything will you?

Whew! Thats a big hauler. My wife and I keep changing our minds. I have an 07 Dodge Ram 1500 (1/2 ton) So my thinking was to trade it for an 05' Ram 3/4 with a Cummins Deisle in it to pull the hauler we found.. But yesterday we went down to our local Toy Hauler dealer to measure and make sure the Trooper would fit; and my wife changed her mind after seeing it (which in turn changed my mind as well) The trailer was just too plain......mostly cargo area with fold down bench seats. I tiny front bed that you would have to crawl into from the corner. It looked alot smaller in person than what the pictures showed on their website. And the floor width was right at 60 inches......too close for not breaking the handles off of the cabinet doors eventually.

So now we're back in to looking for a good used Class C; and we've found one. Maybe this week I'll go drive it and see if we can make a deal. Our Subaru STI is just sitting in the garage all winter; so I think I may just trade that in (after removing the Alpine GPS/DVD unit, amp, woofer, and wheels) Who knows? I'll probably change my mind again a couple times before it becomes "riding season" :lol:

Yes you would need diesel & at least 3/4 ton to pull our Toyhauler. Our toyhauler isn't the kind you looked at. Ours has a seperate garage from the living quarters. Like a trailer or motorhome with an additional 12 feet added that is ALL garage. No mixing of the two.

Let us know what you get.

rocmoc n Mexico

Yes you would need diesel & at least 3/4 ton to pull our Toyhauler. Our toyhauler isn't the kind you looked at. Ours has a seperate garage from the living quarters. Like a trailer or motorhome with an additional 12 feet added that is ALL garage. No mixing of the two.

Let us know what you get.

rocmoc n Mexico

Do you have a pic?

What was this topic about? Did it get hijacked, or is it about toy haulers? I'm thinking "toy hauler" is a trailer that i use to take my toys to the dez or dunes. We built one last year, and love it. 26 foot American Freedom cargo trailer that I insulated, lined, and put lights in.

What was the question?