Quantcast

dpostma

T2 Alternator

Does anyone have an aftermarket source for the T2 alternator, my friend has a 08 and it has gone belly up. Checked the forum search area and did not find any info. He took it to a auto parts store that checks alternator but they were unable to test it. I have the 09 model and have changed the fan belt because of a squeling noise but now wondering if it could be the alternator.

I have a Few of the oem ones here and one I had remaned by my local guy. As far as an after market one I have not found one yet

Although this is a late response, it may help someone in the future. My engine belt also developed a noise which I attributed to a loose fan belt. Over time I just keep tightening it and the noise went away for a while, but it always came back. Finallly, I remove the alternator and pulled it apart. Both bearing were bad. I dropped it off at a starter and alternator repair place and in about two hours the guy called me and said it was ready, fifty dollars to him and I was back on the road.

Happy Trails

Seems to me that an alternator is an alternator. They all do the same thing. If mine goes bad, I'm going to the junk yard to get one. All I need is something that puts out about 15 volts when I spin it.

Lenny

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.