Quantcast

Soapstone Ride

Kinarfi

My wife left me and took off with another woman :rolleyes: She went to Disney land with my sister in law. :lol: She'll be back this evening :)

So, I took off Tuesday and went for a ride in a place called Soapstone Basin, about 20 miles east of Heber, Utah and came home on Friday. Wish I'd had some company, but I had some good rides, put about 200 miles on the Trooper and saw some great scenery. Took a few panoramic videos and some photos, but probably not enough to do justice to the area. I have .gpx files if any one wants them, Just drop me PM with your email & I'll send them to you, I haven't figured any other way to pass them on.

Any way, enjoy the photos, http://rides.webshots.com/album/580716823rWIfWR

Oh yea, saw some pretty neat things, too, woke up the first morning and there was a buck deer about 15 feet from my camper pawing at the ground for what was left of a salt lick, watched him for about 10 minutes until it took off when a runner came down the road. Also saw what I thought was 3 wolves, but as I analyzed what I saw, I believe what I saw was a coyote with 2 great pyrenees sheepdogs on his tail and they were all in high gear.

Kinarfi

While I was out riding, I noticed a broken weld at the top of what would be the windshield to the bar going back on the right, after looking closer, I noticed the left side was broken also, but hadn't separated. 2566861330104110397nFKVEs_th.jpg

Also had one of my shock limiting straps break, replaced them both today. I don't know if anyone else has shocks that can over extend, and needs limiting straps, but to monitor the straps, I have wrapped tape around the axles so that if the axle hits the swing arm, it rubs the tape off. 2706581020104110397rOblYt_th.jpg

While I had it up in air working on the straps, I checked the wheels for wobble and, unfortunately, I had some on the right wheel, and I had just put a new bearing in last month, will order roller bearings tomorrow, and also a power steering unit.

Kinarfi

I thought you put roller bearings in?

No, my original bearings had failed, so I talked to Silverbullet and ordered some rollers, but told him if they were too far out, send ball bearings. Rollers were weeks out, so he gave me a real good deal on ball bearing to get me up and running. Will be contacting him today.

Kinarfi

Kinarfi,

Hate to tell you but it is the HUB, not the bearing! I have the same problem, ya just have to drive it and wait for Lenny to start a machining business to repair the hubs or buy a new hub. The steel is too soft in the Hub for the design! Check you bearing before you waste the money on new bearings!

rocmoc n AZ