Quantcast

Got to go on a ride with my T2

Yeah, I saw that before...didn't know it was you. That is a sweet looking Trooper. Looks like you were hung up on your trailing arm, so I don't think a lift would have done much for you in that situation. But, I applaud you for driving it like it was meant to be driven! Our Troopers definatley don't have as much clearance as some other machines. I had to leave machine and ride in my buddies RZR4 once because I couldn't get through some bolders. He still doesn't let me live that one down. I got him back later that day when we raced. He got a head start & I still blew past him. This was before I went to heavier 30" tires though.

Our long wheelbase and wide body can get us hung up in alot of areas where smaller machines won't, but we enjoy far more cockpit room. If I was building Troopers I would have at least tried to suck the sides up and in a little. Also, I would have not built it with bolts protruding out of the bottom. Before you bend them all up and have to cut them off like I did, I would get a skidplate made out of UHMW. Something like this:

http://www.utvboard.com/topic/1493-orc-version-1-skid-plate/page__p__5607__hl__%2Bskid+%2Bplate__fromsearch__1#entry5607

Mine is similar except that I used 1/4" aluminum under the diffs & tranny. Now I don't cringe when I scrape over the rocks or bottom out hard. There have been several berms I have driven over where the bottom just slid over. Before the mod the lower tubes and bolts would have just dug in and I wouldn't have gotten over them.

Yeah, I saw that before...didn't know it was you. That is a sweet looking Trooper. Looks like you were hung up on your trailing arm, so I don't think a lift would have done much for you in that situation. But, I applaud you for driving it like it was meant to be driven! Our Troopers definatley don't have as much clearance as some other machines. I had to leave machine and ride in my buddies RZR4 once because I couldn't get through some bolders. He still doesn't let me live that one down. I got him back later that day when we raced. He got a head start & I still blew past him. This was before I went to heavier 30" tires though.

Our long wheelbase and wide body can get us hung up in alot of areas where smaller machines won't, but we enjoy far more cockpit room. If I was building Troopers I would have at least tried to suck the sides up and in a little. Also, I would have not built it with bolts protruding out of the bottom. Before you bend them all up and have to cut them off like I did, I would get a skidplate made out of UHMW. Something like this:

http://www.utvboard.com/topic/1493-orc-version-1-skid-plate/page__p__5607__hl__%2Bskid+%2Bplate__fromsearch__1#entry5607

Mine is similar except that I used 1/4" aluminum under the diffs & tranny. Now I don't cringe when I scrape over the rocks or bottom out hard. There have been several berms I have driven over where the bottom just slid over. Before the mod the lower tubes and bolts would have just dug in and I wouldn't have gotten over them.

Another thing you can do is get rid of all the nuts and use nut clips, then all that is exposed underneath it the screw head or bolt head. I got mine at McMaster-Carr. http://images1.mcmaster.com/Contents/gfx/small/94850a150p1s.png?ver=19733236

Kinarfi

• 4 weeks later...