Quantcast

Trooper Cams

I've been looking at Silver Bullets performance cams for my T2. I want to go ahead and order them, but haven't had any luck getting a hold of anyone. Can someone tell me what specific info I need? Can I order them right off the website without any additional info?

Also, anyone who has put these into a non-turbo/supercharged engine, I would love to hear your feedback! I'm hoping the performance boost from the cams will keep me from going to the expense of forced induction

Guest Lenny

I use forced induction and Silverbullets cam and like it but I've also have heard that the other stock machine owners that have bought them, like the torque they add. Cleaning you your port matching will help a lot too and it's fairly easy to do. Keep trying Silverbullet. I'll contact Rick at Silverbullet and tell him your trying to reach them.

Lenny

I've been looking at Silver Bullets performance cams for my T2. I want to go ahead and order them, but haven't had any luck getting a hold of anyone. Can someone tell me what specific info I need? Can I order them right off the website without any additional info?

Also, anyone who has put these into a non-turbo/supercharged engine, I would love to hear your feedback! I'm hoping the performance boost from the cams will keep me from going to the expense of forced induction

Silverbullet

If you are having trouble reaching us i am sorry.We have been vary busy.

You can email us at [email protected]

Thanks

Jose

Silverbullet

If you are having trouble reaching us i am sorry.We have been vary busy.

You can email us at [email protected]

Thanks

Jose

email sent to this address, again. looking forward to hearing from you!

I use forced induction and Silverbullets cam and like it but I've also have heard that the other stock machine owners that have bought them, like the torque they add. Cleaning you your port matching will help a lot too and it's fairly easy to do. Keep trying Silverbullet. I'll contact Rick at Silverbullet and tell him your trying to reach them.

Lenny

Lenny, thanks for the info and assistance! What mod do you think helped the power lag around 2 - 5K rpm most?

Ok, Cams and fuel controller ordered! Now its just a waiting game.........

For those of you using a A/F ratio gauge, where is your O2 sensor located in the exhaust (before or after CAT)? I read some posts (by Lenny I think) that the optimal performance is somewhere in the 12's on the A/F gauge, is that correct? Just wondering if that number is coming from a reading after the CAT or before.

Guest Lenny

Match your ports while your at it. Fairly easy and could make a big difference in output. O2 sensor must be before the Cat which alters the mixture. Flipping the intake manifold will help some too.

Lenny

Match your ports while your at it. Fairly easy and could make a big difference in output. O2 sensor must be before the Cat which alters the mixture. Flipping the intake manifold will help some too.

Lenny

I think I have gathered from reading your posts that you modified your manifold (welded tabs on it) to be able to flip it. But I thought others may have flipped it without doing the mod. Is the mod a must to get a good seal between runners and manifold when you flip it?

On another note, I tried to find some Prussian Blue at the auto parts stores so I could do the matching and they all looked at me like I asked for a time traveling space rock........

I think I have gathered from reading your posts that you modified your manifold (welded tabs on it) to be able to flip it. But I thought others may have flipped it without doing the mod. Is the mod a must to get a good seal between runners and manifold when you flip it?

On another note, I tried to find some Prussian Blue at the auto parts stores so I could do the matching and they all looked at me like I asked for a time traveling space rock........

Permatex makes it,maybe one of the independant auto stores would have it. Grainger has it #3DPP9.

Silverbullet.

All you guys who are porting your heads.Thear is a good book on how to port heads.Just email me at [email protected] Matching ports is a good thing but thear are things you should due.And things you should not due.The info is free.

How about a price quote for members on a port & cams package? If we were to send you our head & manifolds.

Guest Lenny

As far as I'm concerned, there is only one way to flip the manifold, the right way. It needs a symmetry of bolts just like it originally is to be sure it seals properly. The one tab that gets welded on is not more then a 5/16" or 3/8" thick (can't remember which) triangular piece of steel of about 3/4" on a side with a corner trimmed back and a hole drilled in it which is welded to the existing flange. It's not worth the risk of a damaged engine because of a small leak that sucks dust in. You may not even know it's leaking. Short cutting repairs or modifications is something I just refuse to participate in. I make enough mistakes without cutting corners.

Lenny

Silverbullet

We are going to cool the intake manifold from inside to cool the air before it goes into the motor.Every little bit helps

It should take about 6 weeks including testing.Things are going to move faster now we have fab guy on the payrole

We will also work close with Lenny.You guys with Rengade and Vipers wont be left out.We are working on the 250 cc Viper as well big bore kit forged piston Clutch kits cdi,s

hey guys

intake manifold is a few months out its just an idea we have started to put into action.

as far as doing the cams for you and porting we have been thinking maybe starting to do that and giving you back pretty much a bolt on head ported, adjusted, cams installed, 3 angle valve job, surfaced head, and all ready to go would be nice wouldnt? send me the head and i will take care of the rest give me a call for more info on pricing and details. turn around time varies on our work load we have started doing more and more rebuilds because people are still running the original joyner filters. had 2 troopers shipped in last week just got the second one done today...