Quantcast

How many Troopers sold in U.S.?

2scoops

I wonder how many Troopers have been sold in the U.S. and if anyone on this forum would know? Next time I talk to Joyner USA I will ask, but I wonder with all the changeover there if they know???

I know the members on this site equal just a fraction of the owners.

I would like to get these numbers because there are a few performance shops I would like to pitch the 1100cc motor to. BUT, if they can't make any money then they just wouldn't waste their time. If we can create the demand the supply will follow. Now I don't want to bag on any of the aftermarket support out there we currently have, but none of them have really dug into the potential of the motor (like Lenny has).

I can only imagine how many buggys are running the 1100cc powerplant worldwide.

Does anyone know any numbers?

Silverbullet

We are going to the extreme with this Trooper.We are going to document each stage of the build.It will take a littel time for each stage.Lennys Trooper would cost about 10,000 to build.We are going to try a few new things and see how it works.We will start on it soon and will post the stock H/P on the Dyno.

On mine, the dyno charts of my engine shows 121 HP at 5700 rpms. That's where I have the rev limiter set .However the hp line is still going up with no signs of rolling over yet. That tells me that if a stronger crank, rods and pistons were installed that this little engine might put out maybe like 175 hp being allowed to rev higher. If this engine were allowed to rev say 8500 rpms who knows. Running in 3rd gear on tight trails, I can spin it out if I get on it half way thru the turn. The rear wheels will even start to slide sideways in 4th but not enough to spin it out. This is down in the 2000 rpm range in 4th. Silverbullets engine should be interesting.

Lenny

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Travis
      The other day i removed my battery to check the acid level in it. It was still full. as i was reinstalling the positive cable the nut on the terminal stripped out. This battery uses a threaded insert that you slide into the terminal  the bolts screws into,  I was able to tigthen it up, but it's the kind of deal where if you kept turning it would get loose then tight, loose then tight. So after an unsuccessful trip to the parts store, tractor supply and hardware store, no one had what i needed, so then i did the smart thing and contacted Yuasa. Gave them all the battery specs and i now have new hardware kit on the way to me for FREE. For now  i have a small pair of  vice grips holding it, in case the bolt were to come loose while driving until i get a new hardware kit in. I did find the kit later on Summit racing, for $6. but hey, this is Free.

• By Terry Winerberger
      The owners manual isn't helping as it doesn't look accurate. The bottom looks like an entire panel. Thanks in advance. 
    • By Hisun .500
      So my hisun 500 is tore up and all the wiring is wasted i was wondering can i pull out all the wiring and just put in the. Basics .please help
    • By rocket100
      I need some help.

I bought a new Renegade in June 2021 and have only put 60 miles on it and the other day checking cows I noticed the oil light on and the oil gauge reading zero and the oil light on.

Is there a better oil sensing unit than the factory?   I've ordered one from Joyner ($60) but would like to have a supply if they are going to go out after 60 miles. 

Thanks 
    • eManualOnline
    • By Alex
      Its maker has affectionately dubbed it Teslaris, for obvious reasons.
      The Polaris RZR RS1 UTV has a one-liter, two-cylinder engine that from the factory has around 100 horsepower, making the 1,383-pound (627-kilogram) UTV very quick. But there’s always room for more power in one of these vehicles, and instead of fettling with its engine, one dune vehicle aficionado decided to swap in the rear drive motor out of a Tesla Model 3 / Model Y.
      We don’t know how many of the battery modules the put in the vehicle, but it doesn’t appear to be much heavier than stock and it goes up sand dunes with remarkable ease. Depending on which version of Model 3 was the motor donor, the drive unit could have either 261 or 325 horsepower, as long as the battery pack can supply enough wattage and voltage.
      Judging by how easily it flies up the steep sand dune, almost lifting the front wheels off the ground under harder acceleration, it’s safe to say it looks like a real hoot. The steep grade you see it tackling in the video uploaded by the electric UTV’s creator, Ron Cobbley, is located in the St. Anthony, Idaho sand dunes.
      We found more videos on vehicle’s official Instagram account and aside from how interesting it is to see an electric powertrain in an application like this (and how it changes the vehicle), we also noticed that you really hear the tires on the sand more. Usually, this sound is drowned out by the engine.

The sound’s tone and pitch probably change with speed, giving the driver audible information to help him or her gauge their speed. You don’t really get this in a road-going EV driven on tarmac, which is why it’s trickier to drive an EV quickly - specifically because you have no way of knowing how fast you’re going just by ear.
      Source: https://insideevs.com/news/559789/polaris-utv-tesla-motor-dunes/
  • Gallery Images