Quantcast

junk tires

lowgear

I bought a set of tires that have nearly worn out in less than 500 miles. I have not pushed them at all no off road riding yet just easy riding on the street, to the store, bank and the like. I called the place where I bought them and he gave me the number for the factory. I called them and the guy I talked to basicly said to bad we got your money just deal with it. I have had 3 sets of tires on my t2 and none of them came anywhere this close to wearing out this fast. I got at least 11/2 years on the others. The tires are rated at 1000lbs. and they are DOT approved. I bought them because they were approved for the street. The tires in question are EFS Moto Grip A/T, made by Colorado Components. They are in Colorado but I could not find an address for them. If anyone is thinking about buying any tires that are made buy them I think you should maybe consider buying from someone else. This is one of the big problems we have as consumers, we buy American and then when there is a problem with whatever we buy we are told to bad we already got your money now take a hike. Oh and buy the way they are $600.00 a set. It would make me feel a lot better if just one of you went to someone else to buy your next set of tires.

Quit wasting your money on the little boy tires. Get new 15" rims for roughly $100/rim ($400), buy some used 15" tires on Craigslist off a Jeep (I paid $100)(big boy tires) and save some money ($400+100=$500)($600-500=$100 saved). You will never wear out the Jeep tires. After two years my tires showed no new wear and the tread was half gone when I bought them. Also everyone that has gone to 15" rims say it is one of the best upgrades ever, including me!

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

• 2 weeks later...
I'm still trying to find decent 30" here for my stock rims. It's a losing battle.

Maybe u can get in surrounding country for better prices?

I just picked up my tires today they just came in store this morning..i understand rocmoc and other members reasons for going to 15" wheels.

For me i want the most tread i can get and no truck tire can match a ATV tire in tread depth as far as i know...

Those are 29.5" tall outlaw 2 tires for 14" rims. Treads are almost 3" deep on the edges

Another member advised me that id need spacers to run those but i don't think so....u9ypuve5.jpgyvy7yhyj.jpg

yheheve7.jpg2amu2una.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hey my tread depth is about 2 3/4 when they were brand new slightly less than that now if that helps any. Also I dont kbnow if I mentioned it before to you but when you mount the tires blow them up to 40-50 psi try to let them sit for 24 like that It will stretch the molicules in the rubber make the tire a little softer and when you run the real low pressure it will grab the terrian better. I did it with mine left them at 40 psi for 2 days I run 8-10lbs in front and 10-15 in rear depending on were I go and how much stuff I got with me.

Hey my tread depth is about 2 3/4 when they were brand new slightly less than that now if that helps any. Also I dont kbnow if I mentioned it before to you but when you mount the tires blow them up to 40-50 psi try to let them sit for 24 like that It will stretch the molicules in the rubber make the tire a little softer and when you run the real low pressure it will grab the terrian better. I did it with mine left them at 40 psi for 2 days I run 8-10lbs in front and 10-15 in rear depending on were I go and how much stuff I got with me.

Awesome thanks,

Yes i heard about that inflating tire then letting it sit for hours before airing it down to let rubber molecules stretch from you on this or other thread.

I'm not sure if i want to do that with outlaws since its real low pressure tire it even said mount max psi 35 where regular tire is about 60 psi.

Also i heard it weaken the outlaw since its so stiff and 6 ply thick.

I think ill be calling highlifter (manufacturer)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2