Quantcast

Fuel Gauge & sender

Kinarfi

Plumber, remember those parts and pieces you sent to me so long ago, here's what the fuel gauge looks like now,2738518410104110397ocuIWe_th.jpg. From right to left, the LEDs are 7 greens, 4 yellows, and 3 reds PLUS 1 red & 1 green on the ends.

Here's what the sender looks like 2534964750104110397PzYJyY_th.jpg 2425935230104110397yviZtS_th.jpg.

The lights go from 1 green to 2 green to 1 green ...to 1 green & 1 yellow to 1 yellow to 2 yellow ...to 1 yellow & 1 red to 1 red to 2 red to 1 red and then you run out of gas. Here's a diagram I made to show how much gas you have 2004070940104110397dMyzDo_th.jpg

The brass tube goes to the bottom of the tank and is sealed, top and bottom so the reed switches are dry and there is no power inside the tank. My thought on the lights is go where you want while the gauge shows green, but when it goes yellow, your 1/2 empty, so if you've going straight away from home, you need to turn around.

Kinarfi

My gauge worked of less than 6 months. Taked to Team Joyner then and the replacement was around $75 & was guaranteed for 30 days. I told them to go jump. A friend made a repair but never really worked correctly. The design sure did not follow the KISS principle. I was in the top it off club.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

The top off club in the way to go, but if you're in the 100+ mile trip club, then knowing how much gas you have may be important, especially if you turbo /super charge and fuel manage for more power which burns more gas, I'm still stock and don't think I could burn a full tank in a day.

This gauge still bounces a little, but only by a quart or two because the sender is pretty much in the middle of the tank, where the stock varies by a couple gallons or so.

If you're really interested in one, I could be persuaded to build one for you, not sure what it cost me to build this one, but I could figure it out if there is interest. I'll make a report of how it works after I run the tank out.

The top off club in the way to go, but if you're in the 100+ mile trip club, then knowing how much gas you have may be important, especially if you turbo /super charge and fuel manage for more power which burns more gas, I'm still stock and don't think I could burn a full tank in a day.

This gauge still bounces a little, but only by a quart or two because the sender is pretty much in the middle of the tank, where the stock varies by a couple gallons or so.

If you're really interested in one, I could be persuaded to build one for you, not sure what it cost me to build this one, but I could figure it out if there is interest. I'll make a report of how it works after I run the tank out.

I do run more than 100 miles a day easily.. If you do decide to sell few, i would be happy to buy one from you and i look forward to hearing how it work in your trooper first.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Plumber, remember those parts and pieces you sent to me so long ago, here's what the fuel gauge looks like now,2738518410104110397ocuIWe_th.jpg. From right to left, the LEDs are 7 greens, 4 yellows, and 3 reds PLUS 1 red & 1 green on the ends.

Here's what the sender looks like 2534964750104110397PzYJyY_th.jpg 2425935230104110397yviZtS_th.jpg.

The lights go from 1 green to 2 green to 1 green ...to 1 green & 1 yellow to 1 yellow to 2 yellow ...to 1 yellow & 1 red to 1 red to 2 red to 1 red and then you run out of gas. Here's a diagram I made to show how much gas you have 2004070940104110397dMyzDo_th.jpg

The brass tube goes to the bottom of the tank and is sealed, top and bottom so the reed switches are dry and there is no power inside the tank. My thought on the lights is go where you want while the gauge shows green, but when it goes yellow, your 1/2 empty, so if you've going straight away from home, you need to turn around.

Kinarfi

Look's great kinarfi glad you could do something with them.

I love those 100+ mile per day trips! My po-boy solution was two 5 gal plastic jerry cans mounted to rear deck. One with water (AZ desert) and one with gas. Also re-positioned fill-tube to top of tank and vent pipe to filler neck. Now I can completely fill tank (not sure total capacity but prob 1+ extra gallon). There's no stopping me now.

my biggest problem with making them is finding a good float material, something in the neighborhood of 1/4 thick and 2 to 3" in diameter, the float in mine is a 1/4" slice off of a buoy that used to turn my neighbors water pump on and off and I'm hoping that gasoline will have no effect on it, I soaked it in gas for a couple of days before using and it looked ok, so I used it. Next problem is finding a gauge cannibalize to make it out of, getting the glass off with out totally destroying the aluminum ring that holds the glass on the body so it can be reused, other than that, no problems, Just time. Any suggestions or ideas welcome.

I'm taking the Trooper out for a drive tomorrow, so I'll see how it works. Took it for a ride yesterday and by that, I mean it got to ride on the trailer for about 100 miles, when we left, things were nice, but by the time we got to our destination, there was a 1/4" or hail on the ground and it had turned cold, so it got to ride while we went sight seeing, saw deer, elk and autumn colored leaves, very nice ride for me, my wife and I hope the Trooper enjoyed it also.

Kinarfi

I was going to suggest something neoprene because that's what you would find in carb bowl for a float in carb since they replaced the metal ones with neoprene but Lenny beaten me to it and seems like the company he provided information to sounds good. I checked out the site pdf their floats are neoprene so i would probably trust those more than any foam float, my old float foam in my truck fuel tank fell apart into many pieces as soon as i touched it

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2