Quantcast

Sand tires

You have to have a Dunes permit, cost about $50. You also have to have your Arizona Off-road permit or license for the Street. All the info can be found by searching the ridingarizona.com site. There are rangers checking all the time at the dunes. There are limited number of sites with hookups. Most people dry camp / boondock.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

You have to have a Dunes permit, cost about $50. You also have to have your Arizona Off-road permit or license for the Street. All the info can be found by searching the ridingarizona.com site. There are rangers checking all the time at the dunes. There are limited number of sites with hookups. Most people dry camp / boondock.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

I have been reading up on RA, found this link in one of the threads.

http://www.ohv.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=25733

There's a lot of info out there but some contradictions. What I get from that link is that I don't need a CA non-resident pass. Is that different than a dune pass?

Thanks for the info! Do any of the areas have power and/or water?

Correction to my post...Railroad Tracks and Washes are on the East Side and Ghecko Road is on the West Side....

When I say Campsites I mean places that YOU can Park and Camp...nothing designated....No Power and No Water....you MUST come completely prepared....or with lots of $$$$ for the Glamis Store and Vendor Row just West of the Store...lol

The dune pass is different from the CA non-resident pass. As I said before you have to have the AZ off-road sticker or be street license to not be required to purchase the CA non-resident pass. The Dune Pass is a different and required pass to play in the dunes.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

The dune pass is different from the CA non-resident pass. As I said before you have to have the AZ off-road sticker or be street license to not be required to purchase the CA non-resident pass. The Dune Pass is a different and required pass to play in the dunes.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

Thanks for the clarification. Did some more research, dune pass separate from ohv pass. One dune pass per tow vehicle, and one campsite pass. Should cover us?

Correction to my post...Railroad Tracks and Washes are on the East Side and Ghecko Road is on the West Side....

When I say Campsites I mean places that YOU can Park and Camp...nothing designated....No Power and No Water....you MUST come completely prepared....or with lots of $$$$ for the Glamis Store and Vendor Row just West of the Store...lol

LOL, got it. Take anything we might think we might need, and money (lots of it). Pic a spot in the sand and make camp. Figure the rest out when we are there.

• Like 1

Just had a disturbing thought I the whole sand tire deal. I was planning to use the stock 14" with 27" tires upfront and 33" on back. Now I'm second guessing if I can do that. Will the different tire height-size, equaling different wheel speed front to back, destroy the drive train? I'm not sure how/where the 4x4 engages. If I don't engage the 4x4, will any one part of the drive train be locked into the two different wheel speeds?

Just had a disturbing thought I the whole sand tire deal. I was planning to use the stock 14" with 27" tires upfront and 33" on back. Now I'm second guessing if I can do that. Will the different tire height-size, equaling different wheel speed front to back, destroy the drive train? I'm not sure how/where the 4x4 engages. If I don't engage the 4x4, will any one part of the drive train be locked into the two different wheel speeds?

At end of front driveshaft between the driveshaft and front differential there's a device that connect and disconnect your front drive

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Just don't use 4x4 and you will be fine. Will try and get tires out tomorrow.

Lenny