Quantcast

2008 joiner renegade t4

Hello, having trouble with a couple of gauges. I replaced 3 gauges. Oil,fuel,and water temp that gave out the same time. After replacing gauges I noticed now that my speed won't move when I'm driving. Only cycle when I turn key on. And my oil gauge goes all the way up when I turn key on. I think the sensor might be bad. Any idea on the problem I'm having? Tks.

• 3 weeks later...

I assume you don't an oscilloscope, how about a volt meter that can read frequency, does you tach work? can you swap the plug going to you tach with the speedo plug and see if the input to the tach makes the speedo move as you rev the engine up & down.

I pulled the speed sensor it looked ok. Sensor still might be bad. Wish I had one to try. For the speed gauge and rpm, when I turn key on the two gauges cycles back and forth showing it works I guess. I thought it be weard that my oil gauge and pressure sending unit, fuel and sending unit , temp gauge give out the same time. All gauges work fine now after replacing them. Just the speed gauge left to fix. Like to have a speed sensor to try to see if that's the trouble.

I have the same issue bud. There's only one good mechanic in all of panama, haha, and he happens to live close to me. But I love tinkering with my machine, so I try to do everything myself.

As for parts, I mail order everything in, and it comes out pretty good. Ebay is my big source for generic stuff, and joyner US for the rest.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Reuben
      My 2015 450i UCV dies when I take my foot off the accelerator when traveling at a slow speed. Can I adjust something to make this issue stop?
    • By Retired Plumber
      The rear differential lock light is on and I would like to get it off. How do I do that it is a Coleman UTV700.
    • By TomW
      I took in my UTV and they fixed the no power I was having ( broken  ground wire)  but they told me I would need a new turn signal relay . If you use the left or right turn signal you get a high pitched whine . I need to look to see if the lights blinks but I don't believe it does. I thionk the relay is located in the battery box with the fuses and starter solenoid. Where might I find a turn signal relay . I have done several searches but come up empty . Anyone have this problem before or know where I might purchase a relay ?
    • By htrotte
      #1   While troubleshooting an issue with temp warning light I discovered another temp switch mounted in the pipe going to the head  The two switches are literally 6 inches apart.  Does anyone know what this third switch is used for?  If i can figure out how I will post pictures.
      Author #2   Finally got the pictures took.  See the photo and tell me if you know what the switch on the right is.
      It looks to be factory and I know the girl who bought it new and she didn't install it.
      I can't find anything on it in any manual i have looked at.  Any help would be appreciated.

• By Greg Kilgore
      I would really like to know what you guys think about this. I'll try not to ramble and make it as clear as I can.

I took this new job with companyX as a fiber splicer a year ago. I have a 45' bucket truck and 10or12 x 8 ft enclosed splice trailer I have to take home. Within the last 6 months all the management in the splice dept left. Now the power/construction management and higher ups are filling in. Just recently we were told travel to our 1st job is not payable even though we are in a company vehicle. 
      We are union so I asked the union business manager about this. His reply was be grateful you were paid travel as long as you were and that you don't have to drive your POV to the job.

Last week I had 50hr total. The job area is 4-4.5 hrs away. My time was reduced to 44.5 hrs since we were told this travel thing on Tuesday of that week. I wasn't hired for this area. I was hired for area a lot closer to home. 

Pay is good. Work is not hard. Insurance is through the union and so far pretty good.
      But I hate the thought of having to work extra just to make a 40hr paycheck. Anyone who has to drive as part of their job knows windshield time is not easy.

Anyway what do you guys think. Should I look for a different job or just suck it up because of the decent pay and health insurance.