Quantcast

Misti_P

2008 Joyner Trooper T2- Won't Start!

Have owned my Trooper T2 for over 3yrs now & haven't had much trouble! Went riding last weekend, everything ran fine, went to bed & when I woke-up the next morning it refused to start:-( Fuel Pump is working, Plugs are good,all Lights, Fan, & Winch work, just won't fire-up!

Checked all fuses & relays & they are fine as well!

Any ideas what I could be causing this?

that happened to me once had a bad ground at the starter and also the ring shank were the wire crimps in to bolt to stater had gotten weak

• Like 1

Will it start if you push it, & if so, will it start up after it warms up and keep starting until it cools way down? This, IMHO, indicates that your compression is down.

It won't push start. The Starter is running as it should & Fuel Pump is working. Pressure is within normal range. It seems like it's not getting fire, but I checked all the Plugs, which are less than 3 months old, & they were fine!

Hey Im having the same problem on my rig. I just rebuild my engine from the head gasket up and it ran fine the day I finished putting it back together. But it's been a week since It started last and it won't run at all. In thinking we may have the same problem. Any thoughts? Did you get your rig running again?

Wiggle, unplug and replug every connector, sounds like something may be loose, even thing that are plugged properly don't make good connection after some time and need to be separated and rejoined to clean the contact surface and make good connection. This includes relays and fuses. As you pull relays, look at the blades to see if there is any discoloring or signs of heat and look at the socket where the relay plugs into.

I actually just got it running last night. The MAS was super packed with dirt and grease from before I did my rebuild and my cam positioning sensor had grease all over it. Then I just bumped up my fuel pressure and hooked it up to my truck since I have a dead battery and she started right up. But thank you very much for all your help. Reading this forum and a few others helped me find my problem.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• 2009 Joyner trooper starting problems

I have a no cranking issue with my joyner. It has a chery 1100. It will click but nothing after that.  New battery. I tried banging in the starter while holding key in start(old car trick). Now the  starter solenoid won't even clunk. Just hear s click fron the relay now.  My assumption is the starter needs replacing.  Any ideas of other things to check? Does anyone have diese block diagrams?  Got no clue what fuse or relay goes to what

By Whisper Snowbird, in Joyner UTV SxS Forum

• 10 replies
    • Trooper 1100 Turbo Kit?

Hey guys, so i have built my own turbo kit in house and it works awesome! seeing these turbo kits for sale for 3 and 4k seemed a little steep for me.. i built my entire kit intercooled and all for less then half of that price so i am considering selling these kits.. if i could produce a complete bolt on kit that could be installed with simple hand tools in your garage strait for $1800 and intercooled for $2500 would any of you be inerested? i would like to post pics but not sure how to? i have also snorkled my trooper and not just the air filter but diff vents, the two chrome catch cans (crankcase vent and radiator vent) along with raising the ECM and fuse boxes to head level.. this as well could be sold as a kitfor very little cost. i can also do the work in-house if needed (install all of this for you) for only a couple of hundred... is this stuff you guys would be interested in? Turbo kits will be complete al the way down to an Autometer Vac/Boost guage, fuel controller etc.... i have seen a HUGE increse in power! if you have more questions you can call me at 713-824-8891 i'm in the Houston Texas area. Also Lenny would you mind calling me so i could pic your brain for a min? some questions about this site (how to post pics, stetting up my profile etc.) as well as a few other things. Thanks i love this forum and really look foward to helping in the future! and really like seeing extreme joyners on the trail!

By goindeep, in Joyner UTV SxS Forum

• 16 replies
    • Trooper computer programmer

There is a company I ran across at the CES trade show this year. They make a programmer that should be able to program the Troopers computer. About $300. The Trooper s computer is a standard Bosch car computer. The only differance is that it is programed for the Trooper. The programmer will program most any car or truck so it should work. The company could probably help is finding which program the computer uses and assist finding out which computer pins to hook to. This programmer will program all aspects of the tuning including things like Pulse width tables, VE tables, Timing tables, prime pulse width, crank pulse width, after start pulse width, warmup pulse width, enrichment pulse widths, acceleration pulse widths. rev limit and more. The site: http://www.sctflash.com/ Their forum: http://www.sctflash.com/forum/ Lenny

By Lenny, in Joyner UTV SxS Forum

• 21 replies
    • Hi from Mid-Michigan - working on my first UTV

Hello all. I've spent a bit of time fixing various ATVs but am into my first UTV. My son actually owns it and I'm trying to help get it usable. He bought a 2014 Coleman Outfitters 400 4x4, it's actually a Hisun 400 4x4 UTV.  It has a 2004 Kodiak 400 4x4 motor in it and we have a wiring nightmare. Hope to be able to offer help here and there and seek it for my own project. Take care and we'll be in touch.

By res2fr, in New Members Area

• 2 replies
    • Massimo no start

2017 msu500 efi. Has spark and fuel. Valves are within clearances.  Leave key on I get a 118 code. Ect sensor? Could this keep it from starting Old plug was black

By Swampdonkey, in Hisun UTV SxS Forum

• 9 replies