Quantcast

Hopper

2009 T2 loosing power

Hello everyone My username is Hopper I am new to this site and I was wondering if any of you could help me with a issue I had last ride.

I had just moved my radiator up to the back box and replaced my starter on a test run it was running really well than

all of a sudden it was like the key was shut off so I checked all the basic functions and could not get it to flash up.

When I got back to my shop I had a look at the fuel system and was producing 50 # and had fue up to the fuel rail

also checked coil for power and there was power at coil plug.

A riding buddy had a T2 there that was in good running condition and I was able to swap out a few parts off to test

On my T2 here is what I swapped out to check ECU unit, cam sensor,crank sensor, coil and had no luck getting it to

start up I also pulled the plugs and they were dry and had no spark.

I am not a mechanic but can figure most things out but this one has me confused if any of you have any input It would

be appreciated. I am impressed with alot of the topics and knowledge that I have seen on the topics great site!

Hopper

Silverbullet.

You need to check the wiring harness.We have some problems with wiring harness. The plugs the pins push out when you plug them together.Joyners don't like to go in deep water.Start the process 1Start with each wire and trace it ti the computer.And keep going till every wire is tested on the engine harness.At least you had some parts to test with.

Thanks Matt.

If you need any help call 9:00 Am to 5:00 Pm ca..time 928 344 2117

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• 2012 Kawasaki Mule 4000 Hood release latch cable replaced

I have a 2012 Kawasaki 4000 Mule and the hood release cable is frozen and will not move. I want to replace the cable and have removed the fenders, hood, cargo box to access the cable. I finally had to remove the plastic dash far enough away so I could get a wrench on the nut holding the cable release knob in place. That's a lot of fun. I cannot remove the pin holding the cable to the release bar mechanism. Is that a force fit pin or what. There are no keepers holding it in place. Any suggestions on how to get the cable out? I can see why the previous owner never fixed it as you have to remove the whole front to get to the cable. I've tried penetrating fluids to make the cable work with no success. Your help is appreciated. Gerry C.

By Gerald Clarendon Sr, in Kawasaki UTV SxS Forum

• 13 replies
    • To hot to ride

Summer is here and not fun riding with so much heat coming off the engine of my Polaris 570.

By Lenny Reed, in New Members Area

• 1 reply
    • Brand new trooper Intermittent starting issue

I've had a 2016 trooper for a few months, it's never worked properly.  I'm about ready to take it to a dealer for warranty work but it's a little far so I'm trying to avoid it.  It on occasion will not start. It took a while to figure out that if I open the throttle just a little bit it will fire, I then have to hold it open for anywhere from five to thirty seconds for it to idle on it's own.  Other times it fires right off no problem.           It's turbocharged, and has two pumps.  I've verified that the fuel pressure is correct.  Joyner has had me swap a bunch of parts to eliminate them.  I suggested it seems that possibly the IAC is malfunctioning or that it's getting incorrect inputs from the tps but they disagreed.  I've read that people have had similar issues stemming from the IAC but until I get a replacement from them I can't verify.  I tried setting base idle a little higher with the set screw but the idle just gets erratic and won't idle down once I've given it some throttle.          I'm going to call them again tomorrow and have them send a new throttle body to try, and I also have a scanner for European cars coming that is supposed to read chery automotive ecu's; after that it may be time to haul it in.  Anyone else had a similar issue?

By Darryl223, in Joyner UTV SxS Forum

• 14 replies
    • Trooper radiator

Has anybody ever put a bigger radiator in there trooper to fix cooling problems..?? Witch one did you use and what changes did you have to make..??     Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

By Tobie1987, in Joyner UTV SxS Forum

• 14 replies
    • POLARIS RIDE ALL SUMMER SALES EVENT!

http://www.polaris.com/en-us/atv-ranger-rzr/special-offers

By Travis, in Polaris UTV SxS Forum

• 1 reply